Whats on your plate Wednesday 12/22/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am thinking split pea soup with the ham bone I have.

Any plans?

Ronjohn

I have no idea. Our Christmas luncheon at work is this afternoon. Depending on when we get out and what we have, I may skip dinner all together.

'Tis the season to be going in 5 directions at once, after all.

Guts

Going to make rotisserie chicken on the George Foreman rotisserie oven. Bake potato with all the trimmings, fresh green beans with onion and bacon. Have three different kinds of ice cream for dessert. have to decide on one, butter pecan, Butterfinger ice cream, or mocha cheesecake ice cream. Also made some fresh spinach pasta this morning chilling in the refrigerator now, going to roll and cut later this morning.

abi_csi

Chilli, to warm the bones, served with rice and sourcream. A large hot toddy for dessert and then bed!!

GotGarlic

I made two 9x9-inch pans of lasagna for DH's birthday last month - one to eat and one to freeze. So we'll have lasagna, garlic bread and salad tonight.

Leni

I made a tri tip yesterday and will heat it up this evening. I'll serve mashed potatoes and a tossed green salad. I may cook some squash also.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I went to Sam's last night and got the most beautiful rib eyes (the marbling looked much more like prime than choice) and some huge shrimp for Christmas Eve dinner. I also picked up a rotisserie chicken. I'll heat up the chicken and I haven't decided on the sides yet. Something simple though. My cookies and candy are done, the packages that need to be sent have been sent so I want to get the house cleaned today and the gifts wrapped tomorrow so I can spend the rest of the time enjoying Christmas.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Split pea soup (Boiled smoked ham shank bone in water for 1 ½ hours; removed bone from pot and stripped the meat off. Simmered carrots, onion, potato, smoked ham shank meat, green split peas and liquid smoke in ham stock for approx. 1 hour till peas broke up and veggies were tender.)

122210_split_pea_soup_smoked_ham_shank_bone.jpg

It tasted SOOOOOOOO good! I am going to post it in the smoked piggy challenge unless the thread is closed.