Newportville Inn

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The Warden loves German food, and I don't....
The Newportvill Inn is basically a Hofbrauhaus, but they had a MardiGras
menu, so we went...

I had the Cajun Fried Catfish Filet, and it was passable........

Newportville Inn Cajun Catfish.jpg

The Red Beans and Rice was flavorful, but was nearly cold when it reached the table. The Vegetable Medley was also nearly cold, and the carrots needed a few minutes longer to cook; "Crisp", not "tender".
The Remoulade was the right color, but the taste was off....

The Warden ordered Wiener Schnitzel with Spaetzle....

Newportville Inn Weiner Schnitzel.jpg

The veal was nicely done, as was the Spaetzle, but the Slaw was literally smothered, Drowned in Mayo. The dish lacked a sauce or gravy though, which made the Spaetzle kind of bland.

She's been there a few times before, as she has an accordion-playing friend who's Trio plays there now and then...... I won't be back.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
there's a Hofbrauhaus on Rt 30 couple towns east of Gettysburg . . . can't recall the name - but it also does a superb job of holding up the reputation: NEVER go near a Hofbrauhaus - absolutely awful stuff.

that spaetzle looks like the cardboard dried stuff in the 'specialty section' . . . {gag}

it's wise to avoid them in Germany as well - they're always a tourist trap - bad food at high prices.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I know that place.. it's in Abbottstown.

My Parents live in Hanover, and have offered to take us there...... we demurred, as we are not down that way often, and take every opportunity to visit the Inn 94 in New Oxford...... Crab Cakes to die for !

Where are you located CowderMan ?