UPDATE: Planned outage Friday May 8th instead of Sunday

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry for the mixup. I debated posting so early about the outage originally planned for Sunday, but now it appears the outage will happen tomorrow. This is not 100% certain right now.
I can request certain times but the ISP cannot accommodate everyone. So, as of now, chances are the forums will go down around noon tomorrow and be down for 3 hours or more depending on how fast the new IP address propagates. I will post the IP address tomorrow when I get it.
Sorry for the mixup. If it happens tomorrow there will not be another outage on Sunday.
I hate outages but this one can't be avoided.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Re: UPDATE: Planned outage tomorrow (maybe)

Thank you, I don't mind ones that are improving, it's the unexpected ones that get me.

Lefty

Yank

See you guts at net tractor talk. :bounce: We should be able to liven it up a little over there.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Double darn. Looks like I'll have to have a couple beers and watch the golf tournament.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Sure, just when I get back....figures! LOL!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter

Don't worry about it, Doc but thanks for the heads up.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter

thanks for the heads up Doc!! You do what ya gotta do!

chowhound

Whaaaat???
I already made other plans for early Sunday morning.
:lol::yum:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Whaaaat???
I already made other plans for early Sunday morning.
:lol::yum:
Now you need to make plans for 11 or so this morning until 3 or so this afternoon.

Updates will be on Net Tractor Talk as I know them (see link in my sig ... but save it BEFORE the forums go down. :thumb: )

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Well I guess this is a sign that I need to get the lawnmower up and running!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just checked with them because I thought we'd be down by now. It should happen in the next 1/2 hour sometime. Probably be down for a few hours.
Whoever posts the last post before we go down gets 20 karma points from me. Good luck!!!!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I just checked with them because I thought we'd be down by now. It should happen in the next 1/2 hour sometime. Probably be down for a few hours.
Whoever posts the last post before we go down gets 20 karma points from me. Good luck!!!!

What about rep points for the first post after the forum is back?

(Doc excluded, he has inside information)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure, I'll go for that. 20 karma points for the 1st poster after we are back up. Help me keep track in case I'm not around right then.

FYI, the IP change has been submitted. If your router is faster than others at updating you will no longer be able to get here. For those of us on a slow to update router we are still good to go, until phase two when the server is shut down. Soon I think.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jim were you the first to post? I got the call and knew all was supposed to be good. Looks like they did a dandy job. :thumb:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I think your posts counts, Jim.

Thing is that I cheat. :tiphat:

I use a program called Visual Route to track my servers. One of its features is continuous ping testing. a ping is a packet you send somewhere on the net to see of you get a response. I added both forums to the list so I got a status report every 5 minutes :mrgreen:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thing is that I cheat. :tiphat:

I use a program called Visual Route to track my servers. One of its features is continuous ping testing. a ping is a packet you send somewhere on the net to see of you get a response. I added both forums to the list so I got a status report every 5 minutes :mrgreen:
Say it ain't so, Jim! :lol: I believe that since we're staff, they should go to Derek this time.