New Contest: Win $50

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I've got 43 recipes. :mellow:

Just can't compete with the BAMinator! :yum:

Hey, is there extra credit for pics????? :lol:

Fisher's Mom referred me. So I think that was worth 20 points for her.....or is that -20 because it's me???? :yum::yum::yum:

Great job Bam!!! :clap:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Is that your final number up until midnight last night? Today's recipes do not count towards this contest.

nope...

i thought it was until 12am tonight..lol

are we on a different time zone right now doc? its 5:11pm here right now here

i will call it 600 with one referral...leaves margin for error

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Nope, Doc told me those don't count. They had to be your recipes. By the way, congratulations Bams!!!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
how many of the recipes have to be yours ...
does copy and paste count?

and what you are talking about love2q has been fixed and were not counted on the recipe post count as not to have any controversy

there were 624 recipes that i posted but i only counted 600 in my final count

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Are we going to be able to have these recipes bound in a single volume? How about a CD?

I can't imagine doing this much work for a lousy $50. I sure hope you did this for the notoriety, and not the money. Have you figured out how much you've made per hour? LOL

Let me know when you're published so I can buy a copy.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Are we going to be able to have these recipes bound in a single volume? How about a CD?

I can't imagine doing this much work for a lousy $50. I sure hope you did this for the notoriety, and not the money. Have you figured out how much you've made per hour? LOL

maybe 50cents an hour..lol

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I like to think Bams wanted to help Doc's site grow and be successful like most of us who posted a bunch of recipes.

Further, a Net Cooking Talk cookbook would be an awesome endeavor, just think of all the tnt recipes and not needing to print them out yourself.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I can ask my publisher how much he would charge for printing a cookbook. It would be cheaper if someone did the layout in Adobe (PDF format) for final submission, but I’d have to check on proper layout format so that they could read the files in. It would be quite a bit of work, and probably pricey, but it is a possibility. Printing a book isn’t cheap, but if everyone pitched in, big time, it could be done.

Realistically, it would be cheaper to get one of those binding machines and do the work manually with a good printer and quality paper stock.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yikes i dont need anymore projects..lol

just started another one tonight.. ECS(el commodore smoker)...

also finishing up my catering & gourmet spice mix company website... building another pit bbq... and still finding time to be on here and sleeping..there is just not enough time in the day..lol

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As far as I know no one has come close to Bams. I was giving a little more time for those who might be away for a few days.
I'll wait until the 20th to annouce the contest closed and name the winner.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
do we have a recipe count final for everybody now?

1st - 2nd - 3rd?

i have lots more recipes to post still..been busy working on my smoker lately, sorry i havent been posting as many..

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wish more would have posted their numbers. Bams I think you blew us all away with your 600. :eek: :clap: :clap: Way to go. :tiphat:

Congrats you are the winner of our 1st recipe drive contest. :thumb:

Pm me your paypal address or home address and I'll send $50 on it's way to you.

Congrats Jeff!!!!!!!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I wish more would have posted their numbers. Bams I think you blew us all away with your 600. :eek: :clap: :clap: Way to go. :tiphat:

Congrats you are the winner of our 1st recipe drive contest. :thumb:

Pm me your paypal address or home address and I'll send $50 on it's way to you.

Congrats Jeff!!!!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you...

i would like to thank the members of the academy oh wait wrong speech..lol

i actually would like to thank a couple of people. first off is you Doc, you have created a wonderful forum and i enjoy this site more than any i have ever been a part of.

the second i would like to thank is Deadly Sushi for bringing me to this site.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Whew, what a close race!!:yum:

I was soooo close with my 40 or so recipes... dang just another 540 and I could made it!!