NCT Planned outage, could be extended for some members

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to move the location of the NCT servers. This means changing physical location and hooking into a new network which will mean a new IP address. Every time we change IP addresses some folks have an extended outage while others see a much shorter outage. No rhyme or reason to who gets what.

We found out this was going to be required a short time ago and have been planning and making ready for a few days now. We could not pin down the time until we had decided on the new location.

We will start changing IP addresses tomorrow night, but since you all have the current IP address cached you will be able to connect for most of the evening. All will be shut down Thursday morning and the servers will all be moved to the new location. The physical move will not take long. The propagating of the IP will be the deciding factor in how long we are offline. We hope by changing the addresses Weds night it will speed up the switchover. Never fear, we will be back online as soon as humanly possible.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Doc! It's good to know ahead of time. That way I don't think it's something wrong with my computer. Cuz when I start trying to fix computer things :shitHitsFan:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Stuff is starting to happen fast now. Our time table has been bumped up a bit. The servers will be taken down and moved sometime after 6pm tonight.
C ya on the other side. :biggrin:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Stuff is starting to happen fast now. Our time table has been bumped up a bit. The servers will be taken down and moved sometime after 6pm tonight.
C ya on the other side. :biggrin:

Good Luck Doc!

We'll be here when you get back!

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Problems abound. So disregard my last. Looks like we move the servers in the morning.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everything is on hold until later today. Current target is between 5 and 8pm tonight. Don't take that to the bank. :yum: :hide:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
. . . and who was it that said computers were destined to make things easier . . . .

something like "the paperless office" - right.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm back on. Servers have been moved. Whew. What a night.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you dear Doc, for all you do to keep it going.
So happy to see many members appear to be getting on here and FF with no problem.
Thought I'd have some for sure lol

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for everything, Doc!

I was surprised that my Internet home page came right up this morning! But happy!

Much appreciated!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your welcome everyone!!!!!

We are over the hump. Still some smaller issues to work out but the majority of the websites and forums are all back online. Yippeee.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This has been very strange. I was able to get on NCT last night after the move, and this morning. Then around noon I lost connection and could not get here via my home internet nor from my iphone.
Now, finally, NCT is back for me. Whew. DNS roulette. :crazy:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't understand all the problems with peeps getting on one minute then not the next.
Thought I'd have to 'flush' or something, but didn't have to do a thing after the changes on here and forumsforums.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes this is the first time in a day I've been able to get on here though no problem with Forumforum. NCT has been hit or miss since it was taken down for me.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Same here. It's been hit or miss most of the day for me too.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I was off most of the day in NJ and o live near peeps.

I think she mau have hardware peoblems as well.

I am ok amd solid now.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had problems getting onto NCT also. This time it took a bit of a wait but I finally got on. I am having cable modem problems and router problems so I have been losing internet often.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This has been a rollercoaster ride. I bet Doc has a great big ol' headache :sorry:. Keeping my fingers crossed that all runs smoothly from here on out.