NCT Cookbook!!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Yes, there was a typo in the address at first. I thought I changed it, but apparently the link behind the address didn't change. Jim Slagle caught that yesterday and fixed it. All links should work correctly now.

I now have 43 recipes from the following people (in alphabetical order):

Cooksie
Deelady
JimSlagle
JoeV
Mama
Keltin
Qsis
Mhend
Peeps
SassMuffin
SilverSage
VeraBlue

If you have sent something and your name isn't on the list, please resend it now that the link is fixed.

Several people promised recipes (or more recipes) and I'm still waiting for them. :waiting:

buckytom

Grill Master
veddy sorry, ss. i'm swamped with election coverage.

i just had a call from ntv (japanese tv network) about problems with their "erection" coverage. does that mean i have to go out and buy condoms? :mrgreen:

i'll try to submit at least one today.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My 5 are in. It was tough for me to just narrow it down to five recipes, especially when it comes to breads.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I now have 58 recipes from the following 15 people (in alphabetical order):

:clap:
Adillo
buckytom
Cooksie
Deelady
JimSlagle
JoeV
Keltin
Mama
MexicoKaren
Mhend
Peeps
Qsis
SassMuffin
SilverSage
VeraBlue

I'd sure like to have at least twice this much. I haven't set a deadline because I don't want to push anyone who has crunch-time happening at work. Besides, some people just always wait for the deadline!!!!!!!!!!:drama:

But it's been about 2 weeks, and if we don't get moving, I'm afraid people will lose interest. There's still a lot of work to be done compiling and editing before it can go to the printer. :read:

So would everyone make a real effort to get me whatever you can by the end of next week? That would be November 13th.

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Originally, the limit was because I was hoping the response would be so overwhelming that we'd have too many. I didn't want to have to hurt anyone's feelings by telling them we couldn't use all of their contributions. But it appears that won't be a problem.

Let's wait through this weekend and see what else we get from those who promised they'd contribute. If that still doesn't put us at least over 100, then I think we'll be safe in lifting the limit and not hurting any feelings.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Originally, the limit was because I was hoping the response would be so overwhelming that we'd have too many. I didn't want to have to hurt anyone's feelings by telling them we couldn't use all of their contributions. But it appears that won't be a problem.

Let's wait through this weekend and see what else we get from those who promised they'd contribute. If that still doesn't put us at least over 100, then I think we'll be safe in lifting the limit and not hurting any feelings.
I haven't been feeling well. Sorry I haven't been able to rework any more recipes. I will try to get what I am cooking tomorrow in shape to submit.

buckytom

Grill Master
i hope you're feeling better, peep.

ok, i have a few more to submit, but i have to try to come up with some kind of recipe. shrimp and scallops fra diavolo, grilled dirty pork chops, garden style sunday gravy, sauteed baby bok choy, crock pot pulled pork, and maybe one or two more. so i guess i'll top out around 10 recipes.

i think we're heading to vermont this weekend, so i'll get to them next week.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i hope you're feeling better, peep.

ok, i have a few more to submit, but i have to try to come up with some kind of recipe. shrimp and scallops fra diavolo, grilled dirty pork chops, garden style sunday gravy, sauteed baby bok choy, crock pot pulled pork, and maybe one or two more. so i guess i'll top out around 10 recipes.

i think we're heading to vermont this weekend, so i'll get to them next week.
Thanks Bucky

vyapti

I just finished up with a deadline. I should be able to get five this weekend.

Hope you start feeling well, peep.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just finished up with a deadline. I should be able to get five this weekend.

Hope you start feeling well, peep.
Thank you V!! I was feeling better so I went out running around most of the day and now I feel lousy again. I guess I over did it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I sent 5. If you need others, please don't hesitate to contact me. As long as it hits my email or fb account I should see it.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Take it easy, Peeps. You know that we all miss you when you're not feeling well and want you to get better.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Take it easy, Peeps. You know that we all miss you when you're not feeling well and want you to get better.
Thank you Karen. I am hoping to make my Sub gum chicken chow mein with jasmine rice (hopefully it will be fried rice but it will be up to the vote!! LOL). So I will try my best to get exact measures for 1 maybe 2 recipes tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just sent Subgum Chicken Chow Mein and Fried rice.

110610_subgum_chicken_fried_rice.jpg

110610_fried_rice.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Oh my goodness! That looks like it came right from the Chineses joint at the corner. Now I gotta go to China Buffet for lunch today. Outstanding meal, Peeps.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The weekend is past. How did the entries add up? Just holler if you need more recipes. Just finished the last of my cabbage rolls for dinner. They are tasty!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Thanks for the bump Joe.

We're at 71 recipes. I think we can use more that, so anyone who wants to increase their contributions, please feel free.

buckytom

Grill Master
ss, do you have more of 1 kind of recipe than others? i mean, i'd think joev probably just posted some excellent baking recipes (forgive me for assuming, oh bread king :wink:) but do we have a good amount of each in different categories?

it might help us submit more if you asked for, say, more crock pot, or more soups/stews, or more roasts, grilling, etc.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
ss, do you have more of 1 kind of recipe than others? i mean, i'd think joev probably just posted some excellent baking recipes (forgive me for assuming, oh bread king :wink:) but do we have a good amount of each in different categories?

it might help us submit more if you asked for, say, more crock pot, or more soups/stews, or more roasts, grilling, etc.
How are the salads/appys/dips category entrys? I can work up my blue cheese dip recipe, olive salad recipe and pasta salad recipes if you want them.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent questions about recipe categories, BT and Peep.

I was wondering the same thing.

Susan hopefully sent in some sweet stuff.

What are we light in?

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is not the 3 word post thread Keltin. :poke: :yum:

I'm hoping we can get 101 recipes and name it something along the lines of:
101 Mouth watering recipes from Net Cooking Talk
Volume 1