Inline pics with comments above or below them

chowhound

Re: Inline pics with comments under them

Testing.... one... two... pic here....three....

Attachments

• flamin ribeye.jpg
    flamin ribeye.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 36

chowhound

Well that's weird. I see my pic, but no one else's.
And it's not where it's supposed to be.

chowhound

Let's try to put the pic below this line

And above this one

Attachments

• banditcorgi1.jpg
    banditcorgi1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 34

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Chow, I see all the pix loud and clear. Go edit your post and add text UNDER the picture because that is what we are learning in this thread. At least I did. I'm so happy not to have to upload all my crap to a third party source just so I can text below the picture. Now I (we) don't have to do that. Live and learn - thanks again Doc.

chowhound

My pics are working the same as it always did, with the exception that when I click on Upload pic, I don't see the blue image name like usual, so don't really know if it uploaded.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Let's see if this works--

009.JPG

Kasey and Justin at camp...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

I'm seeing no red x's and no image numbers, just pics.
these are hosted on photobucket.

sass' original post with the picture

sass-originalpostwithimage-3.jpg

my post quoting sass' post only the image number is showing and no picture

sass-originalpostwithOUTimage-2.jpg

chowhound

Chow, I see all the pix loud and clear. Go edit your post and add text UNDER the picture because that is what we are learning in this thread. At least I did. I'm so happy not to have to upload all my crap to a third party source just so I can text below the picture. Now I (we) don't have to do that. Live and learn - thanks again Doc.

I can't see the pic when I go into advanced edit, so no way to add text below it. And regular edit has the pic in a different field, so I can't do anything with it there either.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

:a1:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i am seeing your pics buzz and sass without a border and look like they were hosted by photobucket but chows pics have a border that say "attached image"

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

My pics are working the same as it always did, with the exception that when I click on Upload pic, I don't see the blue image name like usual, so don't really know if it uploaded.
That is weird. I still see the blue flie name that was upload. I added more browse and url options so you might have to page down to see the filename to know it uploaded.
Plus once you close that pop up window you will see the file names uploaded by the attachment manager button. Hope this helps.
Nice looking corgy you got there. :thumb:

buckytom

Grill Master
i understand your desire to host the content, but i've found it useful in the past when i stopped chatting at a site to be able to remove the pics by deleting them from imageshack. at least i have somewhat of final control of the pics.

chowhound

Yay! I figgered it out!
Now I have them right where I want them (yep, Doc. I had to scroll down because of the added pic fields).

And now all I see are red X's... even for my own pics in post 46

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm using what is considered on of the worst browsers, Google Chrome. If it works for me it should work for anyone.

homecook

Ok, since I'm so computer illiterate I need to try this.

Here's the first pic.

008.jpg

This is what it should look like when it's done.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 29

chowhound

I'm on a different pc now and most of the pics are still not showing up for me. Just the red x and image name/size. I'm still using IE8 though. I don't understand why they show up the regular way, but not by placing the pics. I'll let someone who knows this stuff figure it out.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't understand why everyone else can't see them all.
Man this is so much easier than messing around loading pics into a host site, then attaching them that way.
The other way I used to post is just going advanced-manage attachments, then had to add a few (....) before a pic would attach because something else always had to be added in the window first.

Attachments

• amsterdam 2001.JPG
    amsterdam 2001.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 30

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
CH and Joe, I have this question posed to the experts at VB. I hope to have an answer for you soon.
BT. I understand your view / desire for control of the pics also ...that is why either way you want to post them is acceptable.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
No, those are the ones he can see.
on my puter it is the other way around he is not seeing the ones "attached image" text above them. its strange how we are all seeing different things. i'll do a screen shot later so you can see what i mean.