Been away ....

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
due to severe carpal tunnel and arthralgia. Much pain and swelling in the joints in the hands and fingers makes typing, cooking, driving, sleeping, just about everything no fun at all :sad:. I have missed you all.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We've missed you too Peepers! Have you been to the doctor? I can relate to what you are going through. I used wake up in the middle of the night crying from the pain, I constantly dropped things and the pain and numbness throughout the day made even the smallest task difficult. I had the surgery several years ago for carpal tunnel. My only regret is waiting so long to have it done. I do hope you get to feeling better.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You have certainly been missed! I had to look up arthralgia, never even heard of it. Take care of yourself.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama. Been to dr, had x rays, she took blood to check for RA. Have apt for ortho dr. Waiting for blood results.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Best wishes for getting it all figured out and solved peeps. That sounds horrible. My wife is having a horrible time with sciatica pain and nerve issues in the back and legs. This getting older stuff is not easy.

What a cute cute kitty in your avatar :clap: :clap: :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you checked in, Peep! I'm so sorry that you have been feeling crummy.

I hope you have been taking it easy and that your family is helping you during this rough period.

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to see you also Peeps and the kitten in your avatar looks like one of the feral litter I took in last year. The little gray tiger strip I call smoky is my nightly bed buddy now sleeping against my chest.

Doc is right getting older is for the tough for sure. Good luck with it though and perhaps they can repair it soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Went to ortho dr appt. today. She gave me a shot in my right wrist that hurt like a MOTHER!! Felt like she shot liquid fire into my hand. My fingers were in such pain AND numb. They are just starting to get feeling back enough to type etc. She says I have arthritis in ALL the joints in my fingers in both hands and wrists, I need to get the carpal tunnel op. I have appt. for nerve doc to check the nerves with an AMG test. Looking to see about Neuropathy.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
GEEZ, Peep! You poor thing!

Did the shot you got help at all?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Doc said It will take a couple days for it to feel better .... hopefully.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck with all that Peeps. Wife has similar issues with hands. Lumpy finger joints that are getting worse each year. The older we get the worse the aches become. The silly ass rules for pain meds just made it harder to get relief up here.