What's are you eating NCT - Sunday 11/19/2017 to Saturday 11/25/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight's meal plan is beef and broccoli stir fry and jasmine rice.

what_are_you_eating.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday's Pan-Seared Mahi-mahi with Fresh Basil/Garlic Butter (three minutes per side was too long), Roasted Brussels Sprouts and pearls, Parsley-ed Baby Reds.

Mahi Mahi, Seared, Roasted Sprouts and Pearls,Parsleyed Baby Reds, Basil&Garlic Butter (2).jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Monday night's dinner was pressure cooked short ribs in red wine, beef broth, thyme, chopped onion, and garlic, with fingerling potatoes, carrot chunks, and pearl onions. Steamed green beans on the side. I was really surprised at how good the short ribs were, literally fell off the bone and still moist. Next time though, I will interrupt the cooking time and add the whole/chunked veges later. The potatoes were okay, though a few of the smaller ones did fall apart, but the carrots and pearl onions were in pieces, and basically unrecognizable other than the orange of the carrots. Sauce (cooking liquid) was rich and tasty.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Monday night's dinner was pressure cooked short ribs in red wine, beef broth, thyme, chopped onion, and garlic, with fingerling potatoes, carrot chunks, and pearl onions. Steamed green beans on the side. I was really surprised at how good the short ribs were, literally fell off the bone and still moist. Next time though, I will interrupt the cooking time and add the whole/chunked veges later. The potatoes were okay, though a few of the smaller ones did fall apart, but the carrots and pearl onions were in pieces, and basically unrecognizable other than the orange of the carrots. Sauce (cooking liquid) was rich and tasty.
Sounds wonderful.
How long did you cook for? Usually when I do stew, in my Instant Pot PC, I cook the meat for 35 minutes under pressure with a 10 minute natural release. Then add the veggies on top of meat and cook an additional 5 minutes under pressure. Use quick release to ensure veggies don’t get over cooked. Meat is tender and veggies are just cooked tender. Just my 2¢. I haven’t made short ribs in my PC yet.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds wonderful.
How long did you cook for? Usually when I do stew, in my Instant Pot PC, I cook the meat for 35 minutes under pressure with a 10 minute natural release. Then add the veggies on top of meat and cook an additional 5 minutes under pressure. Use quick release to ensure veggies don’t get over cooked. Meat is tender and veggies are just cooked tender. Just my 2¢. I haven’t made short ribs in my PC yet.

The basic recipe I used was 35 minutes on a stove top pressure cooker, with a 15 minute natural release, which is what I have. There was a cook time for an electric one, but I don't remember, it was either 10 minutes longer or 10 minutes shorter, do remember that much. I wouldn't cook these anymore, I mean they were literally falling off the bone and falling apart (even the really big/thick ones), even that membrane short ribs have was tender and dissolved enough to eat easily if you wanted. Instead of interrupting cooking time, I might just take the ribs out, cook the veges, then put the ribs back in just to warm. I'd also probably add a little more liquid when I cooked the veges as I was really surprised at how much had evaporated when I put it in the fat separator. I'll get around to posting the recipe soon. It turned out really, really good and is a definite make again here.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Went to a newly discovered Thai Restaurant last evening ; forgot my
camera !
Appetizer -
Thai Sarong
"crispy whole shrimps wrap with egg pasta served with plum sauce"
Interesting but not very flavorful...

My Entree' -(Can't believe I ordered this instead of all those great Thai dishes on this menu...)
Winning Alligator
"sauteed sliced alligator, eggplant, onion, bell pepper with fresh julienne ginger, soy bean, green peppercorn Thai aromatic herb sauce customer vote the meat soft tender, better than chicken"
The dish was delicious overall, but the alligator medallions were slice so thin as to get lost in the veggies and sauce...

Her Entree' -
Crispy Duck

"double cooked half duck, outside crispy, inside tender served with ginger black bean sauce and plum sauce"
"Crispy" doesn't really tell the tale ; obviously this poor thing was baked in the oven, then finished (I should say "overdone") in the deep fryer...

We will return tho', as the menu is very interesting !

http://thaicheftoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Dinner-Menu.pdf

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
LT, no pics are showing for me.

Last night,we had a pie with roasted butternut squash, hatch chiles, caramelized onions, smoked fresh moz, ham, and just enough cream to bind it together. I liked it, not so sure about Dogboa though.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Duh, my bad. I got ropa vieja started, Craig finished and made black beans and rice.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night sliced, breaded and baked a chunk of a Pork Loin that we had cut down to Three-Serving size. Sides are Mashed with creamed corn "Gravy", Sauerkraut, with a BBQ Dipping Sauce.

Pork Loin Cutlet.jpg

Today we travel west to Gettysburg for a visit with my parents, and back home after a Thanksgiving Buffet dinner, which will be here...

https://www.generalpickettsbuffets.com/menus

This is a miserable three-hour drive, especially the homeward-bound segment, but luckily, Son Nate will do the driving...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Friday Night's Hot Beef & Gravy, Fried Potato Nuggets and Onions, Rosemary Carrots with Pearls

Hot Beef Sandwich, Fried Potato Nuggets and Onions, Rosemary Carrots and Pearls.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner is pork stew with hot and sweet peppers (reds), onions, garlic, red wine,can tomatoes. It was supposed to.be polenta on the bottom, but I had a brain glitch and pulled out grits and started them before I realized what I did, add parm at the end.

Attachments

• 2017-11-25 17.59.38.jpg
    2017-11-25 17.59.38.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 85

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night We had Shrimps in Clam Sauce over Paste with Seared Scallops and a Tomato Salad under Balsamic Vinaigrette (No Pic for the Salad...)

Shrimp in Clam Sauce with Seared Sca;;ops.jpg