Black Berrys

Johnny West

Last evening went berry picking and got over a gallon of berrys. I froze two trays and have enough for 4 pies. I'll go back out this weekend and get another half gallon for a couple of galettes, too.

Attachments

• #######Black Berrys.jpg
    #######Black Berrys.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,003

Johnny West

My goal is a galette or pie tomorrow. I'll need to get some vanilla ice cream. The berries are getting close to being done already and not as fat and juicy as a week or two ago.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My mother made cobblers with those. I never paid attention, so I don't remember how she did it, but hers had pieces of dough in the center as well as a crust for the top and the bottom. I loved the inside doughy pieces.

Johnny West

I was wondering if one could put globs of Bisquick in the center then top with the berries and crisp top?

chilefarmer

My mother made cobblers with those. I never paid attention, so I don't remember how she did it, but hers had pieces of dough in the center as well as a crust for the top and the bottom. I loved the inside doughy pieces.

Cooksie, cobblers made like that must be a Southern thing. Our cobbers were made the same way.I remember the crust in the filling the same as the cobbler crust. Kind of like dumplings not clumped. I sure miss that old home cooking. They were juicy to. CF:)

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I was wondering if one could put globs of Bisquick in the center then top with the berries and crisp top?

there quite a difference in biscuit vs pie dough style cobblers.
try some puff pastry dough/strips/chunks vs the Bisquick thing....
for an over-the-top - bush with water/melted butter, sprinkle with white/brown sugar optional add cinnamon. put the sugar to the outside of a casserole - for chunks in the middle, fold it in half - keeps the sugar from dissolving in the berries and going unnoticed....