Jumbo Jetliner Mysteriously Disappears off Radar!!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
well, all the talking heads seem to have settled on a Soviet based BuK system.

curiously absolutely no further info / examination on why the flight was diverted over the known danger zone. was the flight actually diverted or are we looking as a conspiracy track? was there a weather issue? that would be known. did "ground control" divert them? was the flight intentionally diverted to become a target?
curious conspirators want to know . . . .

one thing for sure, the shoulder mounted missiles as readily available to your garden variety terrorist cannot go to 11,000 meters.

and comma, reading the BuK 'system description' that requires three 'vehicles' -
a launcher - everybody has seen pictures of that
a radar tracking unit - not pictured in the popular press
a command center - integrates the radar tracking with targeting intentions and initiates the missile firing.

the 'pro-Soviet' forces are apparently known to possess / have seized launcher vehicles with intact missiles. but the 'pro Soviet rebels' are not reported to have either the command centers or the radar tracking vehicles and btw if they had them,,,, the technical expertise to operate the 'whole system'

so it appears momentarily that Russian military forces - current / ex- / special / black op / etc - have their bloody fingerprints all over the 'aide and abet' situation.

Saliha

In the news said that Malaysian Airlines decided to use route over the conflict area of Ukraine because of save fuel (flying direct way saved time and money). Also they believed to be safe because of the flight altitude.

That seemed to be the worst decision ever to save money. :huh:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
"That seemed to be the worst decision ever. . . "
I think that was what the Captain of the Titanic said, as the water rose over his head.

it's a bit like journalists who get into war zone no matter how.
then they get killed.
then the world has this uproar outpouring of sympathy for "the poor journalist"

get real, it's a war zone. not a single person is aiming at your PRESS neckcard.
you move, you get shot at.
if you're dumb enough to circumvent all the warnings to get into the war zone, you're definitely dumb enough to get killed.
and yes, it's your own fault.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No, not unusual, but 99% are for weather or traffic and always coordinated with air traffic control. The last 1% (actually much much less) would be an emergency situation and in that case the captain can do whatever is required.

Thanks Buzz

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sherman - Yes I set off metal detectors, yes I have the card you spoke of, no the TSA does not care one whit about it. It's strictly will you be having a pat down or an xray.

Don't feel badly for me. I got my life back. Best thing I ever did for me.

So sorry to hear that you have artificial hips, buddy!

If you DID choose to fly, you'd probably be setting off the alarm at security checkpoints.

If you're interested, you can get documentation from your doc, saying that you have metal in your body. A plastic card would be made up for you for verification. This would let the TSA and other security at gov't buildings know that you are still safe to go through the metal detectors.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sherman - Yes I set off metal detectors, yes I have the card you spoke of, no the TSA does not care one whit about it. It's strictly will you be having a pat down or an xray.

Don't feel badly for me. I got my life back. Best thing I ever did for me.

Thanks, but I just can't help it.

I feel awfully bad for those who are less fortunate and not having all of their normal working body parts.

But like you said, you got your life back, and to me, that means a lot.

Yeah, you're right about the TSA!! They could give a crap less as to whether you have metal in your body or not!

I also have metal in my body, but a small amount of it. But what the TSA is doing now is making people take off their belts, which to me, is so humiliating & embarrassing, so the next time that I fly anywhere, I'll do one better and wear sweatpants! That way, they can't make me take any belt off, because I won't be wearing one. Hah!! :thankyou:

Shermie

Site Supporter
And BTW, ALL of the airlines in the United States no longer fly over Ukraine and have declared it a no-fly zone. :applause:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The fact that bad luck struck Malaysia Airlines twice within a short time span is just unimaginable! At least we know why THIS plane went down, but the other one still has yet to solved.

And still, NO ONE has come forward to man up for shooting the recent flight down!! Cowards, they are!! :furious:

Shermie

Site Supporter
It seems to be an unfortunate civilian casualty of an undeclared war. No one can be proud of the mistake.

And with both incidents, no one wants to admit that mistakes have been made and who caused them!

It is also just so unfortunate that Malaysia Airlines' once squeaky-clean record for safety & security has suffered two devastating and catastrophic crashes in less than 6 months apart.

It is such a sad state of affairs when an airline and a war clash together and hundreds of innocent people are murdered so bloody needlessly!! :sad:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Info has surfaced that there is now a cover-up involved with the crash! That phone calls could reveal it.

Leni

I honestly don't think that the rebels intended to shoot down a commercial airliner. The posts show that they thought that they had shot down a military transport. Once they realized that it was a commercial aircraft they started to back pedal very quickly. So did Russia. The world community has turned against them which is exactly the opposite of what they wanted. Time will tell.

Shermie

Site Supporter
So they sent 295 innocent people to an early grave because of their reckless and careless mistake! Someone has to pay for this, and pay dearly!! :ohmy:

Shermie

Site Supporter
What is it with planes disappearing now?!!

Yet ANOTHER one has disappeared over Africa while enroute to Algeria!!! This one was a McDonnell Douglas MD-83. But on the news, they're showing a pic of a Airbus A-330!! They got their wires crossed!

And like the Malaysia Airlines plane, no one knows where it is, and it has been more than 10 hours since ground control lost contact with the jetliner!! :ohmy:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Now tell me; Seriously?

Do these two planes look alike? I don't think so. :sad:

Attachments

• Delta MD-80 Jetliner.jpg
    Delta MD-80 Jetliner.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Airbus A-330.jpg
    Airbus A-330.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 82

Saliha

Sherm although you are dead right, no one will pay, sorry to say.

I have to agree. If it was Russians who shoot it down... EU is now discuss about sanctions against Russia but unfortunately it is hard to find sanctions which hurt only Russia (like economy ones), not also many others, like EU itself.

Actions of big countries are so often very careless when it goes to the human rights or value of civilians.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
The wreckage has been found.

Mali

A French Ministry of Defense official tells Fox News that the Air Algerie jet carrying 116 people that vanished from radar shortly after takeoff late Wednesday night has crashed in Mali, and that two French fighter jets have located the wreckage.

Air navigation services lost track of the Swiftair MD-83 roughly 50 minutes after takeoff from Ougadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso, at 9:55 p.m. ET Wednesday, the official Algerian news agency said.

France's foreign minister, Laurent Fabius, told The Associated Press that the flight "probably crashed."

The French Ministry of Defense official told Fox News that the plane went down near the Malian city of Gao, a city essentially under the control of the Malian government, though it has seen lingering separatist violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...edly-disappears-from-radar/?intcmp=latestnews

Guts

I think I know where the first missing plane is.

Attachments

• the airplane is on Gilligan's Island.jpg
    the airplane is on Gilligan's Island.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 78