My Chicken Recipe....

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I don't know what to call this, but this is a very yummy and fairly easy to make dish that with the inspiration of a few other recipes, I came up with this.

Chicken parts... any parts you desire, any amount. I use legs, thighs, and wings. Bones and skin or you can remove the skin.

Put chicken into roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and 1/2 cup of white wine (your choice!) Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder (or minced garlic), and minced shallots (about 2 shallots). (I ran out of shallots, so I used minced onion.

Roast chicken at 350 for 20 minutes. (I turned my over to broil the last 5 to 7 to brown it up.)

While chicken is cooking in the oven, brown 3 or 4 pieces of bacon in a pan. Once crispy, remove from pan and set aside. To the pan with bacon grease add the following:

2 cans cannellini beans drained
1 can of diced tomatos
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Salt / pepper / garlic powder to taste

Warm this up in the pan for about 10 minutes.

Remove chicken from oven and place chicken parts and all the pan juices/scrapings into the pan with beans.

Chop bacon into bits and add to pan.

Let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.

Makes a wonderful savory meal. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good Sattie. So this is a Sattie original! :thumb: :D

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I do something similar though no bacon or chicken I do use Italian sausage. For the beans I used crushed garlic, fresh basil, shallots and put the beans in with a 1/4 cup of olive oil bring to a boil then let simmer with the garlic and basil for about 10 min then drain mix the tomatoes and sausage to the beans. I also do this with garbanzo beans without the crushed tomatoes but add elbow macaroni or the small stright ones (forget the name).

Last edited:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
That sounds really good joec! Yes Doc, this is an original for me. I took a basic recipe and made it my own. DH and I really like this one!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Sattie, sounds good. Joe, yours with sausage sounds good too.

PanchoHambre

i was liking this recipe... then I got to the bacon part..now I know i'm gonna make it. I use cannellini and all the other ingredients alot but i like the method here

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh, that sounds so good! I've been hoarding my last jar of cannelini beans, and I think this is the recipe to use them! Thanks....