Popping the question

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I'm watching America's funniest home videos and it's showing the silly, cute ways that people have proposed. How did you or how did your dh propose?

Mine made me go to the store with him, pick it out, then handed it to me and turned around and walked off:huh:

should have listened to my instincts!!!!:yum:

homecook

Almost as good as mine TG. lol Dh and I and our 2 best friends (they were married) were out drinking in the park one night. Being shitfaced they said to us "Why don't you guys get married." So he said ok how about you? I said ok........that was it. LOL That was in September and we got married the following April. I didn't get a ring until Christmas. We had been dating for two years at that point.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I was told that "It's time!" I said, "OK!" It's lasted 37 years for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health. We're not pushing the grand finale.

Derek

Banned
I'm watching America's funniest home videos and it's showing the silly, cute ways that people have proposed. How did you or how did your dh propose?

Mine made me go to the store with him, pick it out, then handed it to me and turned around and walked off:huh:

should have listened to my instincts!!!!:yum:
Well he doesn't know what hes missing.

If I really love her and have passion for her, I would make up an elaborate plan. I would give her clues all week long and then at the end of the week I would bake the ring inside her desert and and wait for her reaction.

The desert would be a VERY big clue too, I would want her to watch Wedding crashers, Wedding Singer, And 4 funerals and a wedding.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Well he doesn't know what hes missing.

If I really love her and have passion for her, I would make up an elaborate plan. I would give her clues all week long and then at the end of the week I would bake the ring inside her desert and and wait for her reaction.

The desert would be a VERY big clue too, I would want her to watch Wedding crashers, Wedding Singer, And 4 funerals and a wedding.

Just make sure she doesn't swallow it!!
That is too cute Derek, I hope you get to use it soon!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I won't even get into how it happened with us, lets just say she was inquisitive.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the city was Milwaukee,WI... we were at a dimly lit steakhouse(yes a restaurant),enjoying one of the best steaks i had ever eaten. i had asked the wait staff for a back table(there was hardly anybody there anyway..lol). excused myself from the table, or so she thought. as i was getting out of the booth, i got down on one knee and said..."Amanda i love you with my whole being and you complete my soul. Without you i would feel lost.Will you marry me?"....of course she said yes and of course the waitresses were crying..lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Almost as good as mine TG. lol Dh and I and our 2 best friends (they were married) were out drinking in the park one night. Being shitfaced they said to us "Why don't you guys get married." So he said ok how about you? I said ok........that was it. LOL That was in September and we got married the following April. I didn't get a ring until Christmas. We had been dating for two years at that point.
LOL! It must have been something about that period of time. I don't remember the exact words but it was similar to yours, Barb. We were talking about each of us wanting to have a lot of kids and then he said something like "Maybe we should get married" and I said something like "OK" and we got married 2 weeks later to the day. We'd been dating about 6 months then. (And everyone thought ours wouldn't last either, Barb. It will be 37 years in June!)

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
the city was Milwaukee,WI... we were at a dimly lit steakhouse(yes a restaurant),enjoying one of the best steaks i had ever eaten. i had asked the wait staff for a back table(there was hardly anybody there anyway..lol). excused myself from the table, or so she thought. as i was getting out of the booth, i got down on one knee and said..."Amanda i love you with my whole being and you complete my soul. Without you i would feel lost.Will you marry me?"....of course she said yes and of course the waitresses were crying..lol
:wub: Can't give karma yet or you would get some!!

Renfro Jones

I've never been married or have any children, but I do have some advise. Never propose at a basketball game.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxA11_l_c0c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JraEYwvW-s&feature=related[/ame]

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Some very romantic things here. My was more along the line of FM & Homecook.

My cousin was over from Germany and said "when are getting married then". On the way back from that party, we agreed we would get married. But then we bought the ring together and I formally asked her Dad's permission.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Some very romantic things here. My was more along the line of FM & Homecook.

My cousin was over from Germany and said "when are getting married then". On the way back from that party, we agreed we would get married. But then we bought the ring together and I formally asked her Dad's permission.

Aww, at least you asked his permission!!:wink:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Aww, at least you asked his permission!!:wink:

yes at least you asked....i didnt but years later, her dad did introduce me as his SIL and then said "you might as well get married you guys have been together long enough"..lol

thanks for the karma thought TG and thank you for the karma FM

homecook

LOL! It must have been something about that period of time. I don't remember the exact words but it was similar to yours, Barb. We were talking about each of us wanting to have a lot of kids and then he said something like "Maybe we should get married" and I said something like "OK" and we got married 2 weeks later to the day. We'd been dating about 6 months then. (And everyone thought ours wouldn't last either, Barb. It will be 37 years in June!)

We showed them, didn't we!! :punk:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
yes at least you asked....i didnt but years later, her dad did introduce me as his SIL and then said "you might as well get married you guys have been together long enough"..lol
I'm pretty sure that's what my son's FIL said when they told him they were finally getting married after living together for 6 years!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well my mother gave us 6 months and we are moving on 44 years next. But then we only dated about a month.