Dorito Crusted Chicken Breast with Salsa

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here’s an interesting rendition of “oven fried” chicken.

It should be noted that, in strict terminology, a chicken breast is the WHOLE breast, which means both parts (right and left muscle). However, it is common to refer to a chicken breast as just the one half, or “cutlet”. This recipe uses the latter terminology where a “breast” is the one side, and not the whole thing.

Dorito Crusted Chicken Breasts with Salsa

Ingredients

2 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
1 jar Salsa (your favorite kind – it should be at room temperature!)
1 bag Doritos (Nacho Cheese, or your favorite kind)
1 cup milk
1 egg

Procedure

In a food processor, grind Doritos into a coarse meal. You need about 2 cups of the ground Doritos. Once ground, place the meal into a large bowl.

In a small bowl, beat the egg well. Pour in the milk and whisk until blended.

Dip a chicken breast into the egg wash, and then dredge it in the Dorito meal until fully coated on all sides. Place coated breast into a greased baking dish. Repeat process with remaining breast.

Bake breasts in 350 (F) degree oven for 25 minutes or until internal temperature is 165. Remove from oven and cover each breast liberally with salsa. You can serve at this point, or bake an additional 5 minutes to warm the salsa up. Plate this on a bed of Spanish rice, or by itself.

Notes

This is super simple but tastes amazing. The tortilla flavor from the chips mixing with the salsa for each bit of chicken is fantastic.

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG! My super skinny son loves Nacho Cheese Doritos so he's gonna love this! Thanks Keltin!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
we made this tonight and liked it very much.. Mrs.Bam put the salsa on like Keltin suggested...she said it made the dish

we used chicken strips for quicker cooking

going into oven
2a9yv0k.jpg

coming out of oven - sorry no pics with salsa on them
dwdf0g.jpg

we ran out of doritos so i used some cornflakes - soaked the rest of the chicken in a teaspoon of my newest hot sauce and a splash of franks hot sauce.. it had some heat..

the darker red chicken pieces are the original. the lighter ones are the kicked up ones

going into the oven
2rng5zt.jpg

coming out of the oven - everybody should try this recipe for something that is different. it is very good

30sgb4w.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh good lord Bam! You just made me want to make this all over again! It's been a while, and I can almost taste it now. Very wonderful pics!!! :clap:

So glad you liked it!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, fantastic pics, Jeff! The chicken looks nice and crunchy!

Good recipe, Keltin!

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
This is very similar to a product I buy for work...it's tortilla crusted tilapia. Got great flavour and I serve it with a mango salsa.

I love the idea of Doritos and chicken...and the mango salsa would go great!

buckytom

Grill Master
wow, keltin, i'm copying and saving this old one but good one! :clap:

i just happen to have some breasts looking for a purpose in life, and we all love doritos.

i'm gonna risk it and go for 2 days in a row of planned meals and say that this will be dinner friday.

lol, or saturday. ;)