Vitamix vs. Ninja, Blendtec & Montel. Which One would you Prefer to Get?

Shermie

Site Supporter
The Oster Versa beat the Breville Hemisphere & ate it for lunch!!

The Breville machine has a wimpy pea-brain motor that can't compete with the Oster Versa. It can't spin the blade fast enough to generate friction & heat to make hot soups, therefore, it has no soup program. The built-in safety thermostat will shut down the motor if that method is ever attempted and the machine runs past about 5 minutes!

It made a smoothie that looks practically like thick split pea soup! The Oster Versa sailed right through with the smoothie, even though the tamper was used to help push the food down. It made a more smoother smoothie with far less lumps in it.

Yet another reason to get the Oster Versa! Also, it has a much longer warranty (7 years) over the Breville, which is warranteed for only one year!! :eating2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-9mp1aLJrA

Guts

Sherman

How can you call yourself the king of the kitchen toys without a Vita mix blender

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hah!!

I should have gotten one years ago. They were even expensive back then, and now, it seems like they've ridiculously doubled or even tripled in price!!

Even though I'm well aware that the old saying made years ago that still prevails - That you get what you pay for. But as of late, in today's culinary world, vital statistics now show that you don't really have to get a Vitamix machine to be declared as being "the king of kitchen toys".

In the last few years, a monster wave of super-powered muscular blenders have become available to challenge and compete with the Vitamix machines - mainly their top-of-the-line model the Pro-750.

One such brand is the Blentec Designer Series, which I also looked into and was seriously considering, and still might get! Yeah, it. too, is expensive, but not even nearly as much as the top-of-the-line Vitamix Pro-750. It's cost is just over $400.

The cheapest one is the Oster Versa, costing just under $300 if you get the bundle package from Oster's website that includes 2 or 3 tall skinny thermos containers & 2 small processing covered jars.

Two things;

It has to be pretty much as good as the Vitamix Pro-750, and it has to have just as long & strong a warranty as the Vitamix Pro-750, which is 7 years. Those are the things that I want in a high-powered blender.

Also, any co that makes a a super-powered blender and only offers a one-year warranty on it, that that doesn't say much about the co that makes it! To really be able to stand behind a product, and to get more consumers interested in buying it, a co has to be able to "bend over backwards" & "bring an awful lot to the table".

This includes the durability, dependability, construction & the length of the warranty of the product. That is why I won't buy the Breville machine. There just isn't enough quality construction in that machine to influence my into buying it, and also, the warranty protection is much too short!!

That being said, vital statistics show that there are only three top brands (see link below) that have been judged as being the "CREAM OF THE CROP", the main ones to consider when searching for and making a choice on which brand to get.

They are;

1. Vitamix Pro-750 - $680 or lower.

2. Blendtec Designer Series - $400.

3 Oster Versa - $250 - $300.

Either one of these brands and models are good! They are the ones with the most durable quality features, the most processing programs & the longest warranties of all the other brands out there. Don't settle for less than these. it'll be a toss-up between the Blentec Designer Series & the Oster Versa when I'm ready to get one. I also want one with the short container. :eating2:

http://www.comparemealreplacementshakes.com/breville-hemisphere-blender/

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Now Kitchenaid has gotten in on the act! here's a pic of THEIR version of the super-powered blenders. :eating2:

Attachments

• KA super-powered blender..jpg
    KA super-powered blender..jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 179

Shermie

Site Supporter
The Blendtec Designer Series machine jumped around on the countertop when starting a smoothie! Same thing with making ice cream. it looked as though it was about to jump off the countertop!! Scary!!

And while doing the ice cream, the machine just couldn't get it done without having to take the container off the motor base 3x, and shaking it briefly to get the fruits & ice to come in contact with the blade! And even then, it left chunks of ice and fruit in the ice cream!! No good!!

Blendtec claims that their designer machine does not need a tamper to try to help get the ingredients down into the path of the blades, but as the vid shows, that claim has been debunked.

They DO however, offer a twister jar as an accessory that has a special twisting knob lid with 2 prongs at the sides of the container that are supposed to help get the food down to the blades. This accessory costs just over $100, but yet & still, it still adds to the cost of the machine in terms of the total price paid for the unit! So you pay about $368 or so for the blender and buy this accessory for it, and you end up paying
close to about $495 in all!! Expensive!!

So, no thanks, I won't be getting that one!! It again looks like the Oster Versa is getting more of my attention now! That is seemingly the last stop on the tour. :eating2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5gB6ySM_00

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter

Thanks, Guts! Well, alright!! Why on earth didn't I see this when I was there? Because I was obsessed with & wanted the Pro-750 Model.

That one is very nice!!

But for only $50 more, I just might upgrade to the Model 6300.

It has a few more features over the Model 5200 (link below) - such as three programmed settings for Hot Soups, Smoothies & Frozen Deserts, as well as a kill switch to help prevent children from trying to use the machine.

Has pretty much the same features as the Pro-750, and the warranty period is shortened only to 5 years! :eating2:

https://secure.vitamix.com/Certified-Reconditioned-Standard-Programs.aspx

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just hope that Vitamix does not go up on the price of the 2 refurbished machines until sometimes after July. That is when I'm planning to get one. :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The Vitamix model 6300 (pictured below) at Amazon.com is selling for a ridiculously high price of over $600!!! :yuk:

You KNOW that I won't be getting it from THERE!!! I'll stick with getting the refurbished one from the co's website. :eating2:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-6300-Featuring-Pre-Programmed-Settings/dp/B008FJEQYE/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1399581406&sr=1-1&keywords=vitamix+6300[/ame]

Attachments

• Vitamix Model 6300 Blender..jpg
    Vitamix Model 6300 Blender..jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's Vitamix's newest machine - the s30 Personal Blender.

Looks nice and all, but it costs over $400!! Far more than the refurbished machine picrured above!!! :sad:

Attachments

• s30.jpg
    s30.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 286

Shermie

Site Supporter
Budget cuts, and now, a new loan for the trip to Washington, DC & Georgia, is forcing me to rethink my plans for getting the Vitamix 6300!

I might have to go back to getting the Oster Versa machine. to save the extra $50. :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here are two more high-power performance blenders.

One is tfrom Hamilton Beach on the left and the other one on the right is from Waring.

I was very impressed with the Waring machine, because in the demo vid, it quickly turned ice cubes into snow almost immediately, and the smoothies that it make were fast and quick.

It is also endorsed by the National Sanitation Foundation. But what stopped me is the fact that it only has a 3-year warranty, as opposed to the whopping 7-year one, as offered for the Vitamix, Blendtec machines & the Oster Versa.

Again, the Oster Versa is looking like the chosen one for me! :eating2: :piesmiley1:

Attachments

• HB Commercial Blender..jpg
    HB Commercial Blender..jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Waring Commercial Xtreme Blender..jpg
    Waring Commercial Xtreme Blender..jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Found out that the HB machine is well over $900!!

I won't be getting THAT one!! :eating2: :furious:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Found THIS machine in my research.

Pretty impressive and has a 6-year warranty on the entire unit, has a 2 peak hp motor that spins the blade at 30,000 rpm to make piping hot soups!! :eating2:

Attachments

• Shred Emulsifier.png
    Shred Emulsifier.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 133

Shermie

Site Supporter
Found THIS machine in my research.

Pretty impressive and has a 6-year warranty on the entire unit, has a 2 peak hp motor that spins the blade at 30,000 rpm to make piping hot soups!! :eating2:

It also features a 100-year warranty on the motor!! :applause:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've decided to go with the Shredder Emulsifier (pictured above).

It is being offered for 3 payments of $49.99, then I saw a link to the website that offers it for 3 payments of $39.99!!

So I jumped on it and ordered it yesterday! It should arrive in about 3 to 4 weeks. The total cost of the machine is about $159.00.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The machine has been shipped and it is on its way to me via UPS!! I'll eventually get about a $30 savings from it with the new lower price of only $39.99
Can't wait!! :eating2:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
It is at the UPS office now. I will be picking it up by tomorrow at noon. :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Got the machine today.

Everything seems to be there. Took it for a dry run with the container empty.

I'll gather up some leftovers from the fridge tomorrow to make some hot soup, and see how it comes out! :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just tried it out using plain cold water to see if it would heat up the water, using the Soup setting and pretending that it was cold soup.

Amazingly, after about 7 minutes and 31 seconds of the machine being on, the water was very hot - about 145 degrees!! Measured the temp of the water with a thermometer.

So yeah, it DOES make hot soups! Glad of that!! It spins the blade so fast that it heats up the ingredients with just friction alone! It even enables you to make hot sauces, such as marinara right inside the container!! :eating2:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here are pics of the machine and the soup that I made. So far, so good!!

The soup came out very hot from a cold start and there are no chunks of food or lumps of anything!! It came out silky smooth! :eating2:

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 132

Shermie

Site Supporter
I think I used a bit too much water for the black bean soup. Came out too loose! But it still was tasty.

So the next time, I'll use less water in the soup. :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Found the first deficiency.

The manual says that the container can be washed by filling the container halfway with warm water & putting a few drops of dishwashing liquid in the water and then by using the emulsify setting for about 3 minutes.

Well, I did that then rinsed it out and thought that it was all good. But after the container was dry, I found it to be very spotty and scummy!!

So I had to wash the container by hand, which afterwards, it looked much better!! I'll invest in a baby bottle brush, to use for cleaning the container to keep from getting injured by the blades.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Now THIS is how the black bean soup is supposed to look!!

Real creamy and still piping hot!! :eating2:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 119

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just found out that the Ninja machines can't make smoothies smooth enough!

Again, it is the motor. Like with making hot soup right inside the blender container, the motor also can't spin the blade fast enough to pulverize the veggies & fruits to make the smoothies really smooth & tasty.
eek.png