K-Aid Flex Edge Beater.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yes it IS great not to have to keep stopping the mixer to scrape the work bowl any more.

I just want to see if this beater is as good as the Beater Blade, which I think millions were sold already.

Has anyone seem this item yet?

K-Aid has finally introduced its own beater blade - the K-Aid Flex Edge Beater (pictured below)!

It helps eliminate bowl scraping during regular mixing jobs. It looks just like the regular flat beater, except that it has a silicone or rubber bowl scraping blade attached to one side of it.

At present, it is only availible for use with the K-Aid tilt-head mixers. I might get one to see how it measures up against the Beater Blade. :idea:

Hi Shermie - Last night, just to satisfy my curiosity, I looked on ebay to see if they had any of the flex-edge blades and they had two - one for $25 and one for $15. Just wanted to let you know.....these are both advertised as brand new, in the box items. I have got to get to someplace and get myself a beater blade for my K-aide mixer. Right now I have only the one that came with the mixer originally. I have yet to run out of wedding gifts. My mixer included the wire whisk and the beater and the dough hooks, with which I always have a bit of a problem.....whenever I use the dough hook I always manage to get the bowl worked onto the stand so tight that it seems as if it had been put on with a pneumatic wrench. How do I avoid this problem, as I always have to get my husband to loosen the bowl for me afterwards?

Fallon

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hi Shermie - Last night, just to satisfy my curiosity, I looked on ebay to see if they had any of the flex-edge blades and they had two - one for $25 and one for $15. Just wanted to let you know.....these are both advertised as brand new, in the box items. I have got to get to someplace and get myself a beater blade for my K-aide mixer. Right now I have only the one that came with the mixer originally. I have yet to run out of wedding gifts. My mixer included the wire whisk and the beater and the dough hooks, with which I always have a bit of a problem.....whenever I use the dough hook I always manage to get the bowl worked onto the stand so tight that it seems as if it had been put on with a pneumatic wrench. How do I avoid this problem, as I always have to get my husband to loosen the bowl for me afterwards?

Fallon

Sounds as though you've got a serious problem here.

First, try turning the work bowl just tight enough where it won't lossen up and turn on its own. It should only be just tight enough to prevent movement until you're ready to loosen it and take it off. Try that.

You can either get the Flex Edge beater or the Beater Blade for your particular machine. It bought the Beater Blades from SmallAppliance.com.

Sounds also like you own one of the tilt head mixers. Good luck! :margarita:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I used the K'Aid Flex Edge Beater for the first time the other day while mixing up the batter for the lemon pound cake.

It seems to work as well as the Beater Blade, but it also seems to splash the ingredients a bit more than the Beater Blade.

Overall, it does the job very well.

Shermie

Site Supporter
This stand mixer comes equipped with its own scraper paddle!

The first time that I've heard of a machine coming with it own Beater Blade!! Looks a lot like the K'Aid Flex Edge Beater.

I kind of wished that I'd have gotten this one!!! Even the 5-qt work bowl looks like the one on K'Aid's Artisan Stand Mixer!!! :idea:

To see what the scraper blade looks like, go here and to enlarge the pic, just click on the one showing the beater;

http://www.breville.ca/food-preparation/mixers/stand-mixer.html

Attachments

• Breville Scraper Mixer Pro.jpg
    Breville Scraper Mixer Pro.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks can be deceiving Shermie....KA has a good reputation and will last for years.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Looks can be deceiving Shermie....KA has a good reputation and will last for years.

You're right, Mama, that's true!!

I can certainly attest to THAT one!!

My K'Aid K-45SS Stand Mixer is almost 26 years old. In all that time, the only thing that I've ever replaced on it are the 5 rubber feet!!

But still, I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!! It is a workhorse, and it has never let me down. Like and old friend for life!!! :good:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Amen to that Shermie!

Thanx, Mama!

Back in around October, '86, I finally decided that I was fed up with cheaply and flimsily-made stand mixers, and had made up my mind that I was getting a K'Aid Stand Mixer!

This mixer only costed me $165 at that time, and that $165 went a very long way. I got more than my money's worth and even more besides!

It has taken on just about every daunting processing task that I've assigned it to, from general mixing like cake batters and pie fillinga ground meat for meat loaf, to kneading dough, to whipping meringues and heavy cream. All without batting an eyelash!!!

But not to be outdone is the slightly larger K'Aid K-5SS Both are good!! Sometimes I use both of them simutaneously when I'm making batter for more than one cake at a time (multi-tasking) Hehe!! :biggrin: