Whats on the plate 8/9/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am not sure if we are going out for dinner or not. If not I have no clue.

What are you plans?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have a pound of ground beef thawing, so it's going to either be a small meatloaf or some meatballs, and I've got a couple of fresh sweet potatoes as well.. might throw another veg in there too.

Lefty

Yank
Happy Serial Day 8-9-10 whats cooking?

Its pretty warm up here. I am thinking something lite. A garden salad.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Re: Happy Serial Day 8-9-10 whats cooking?

I put some browned chunks of pork shoulder, some potatoes, onions, cabbage and chopped apple in the slow cooker this morning. That'll be dinner, along with some fresh bread that I just baked and....mango pie for dessert.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think I am coming down with a late summer cold, so DH is bringing something home.
getwell.gif

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Breakfast for dinner...omlettes with onions, eggplant, hash browns, hot dogs, cheddar and mozzarella. Polish sourdough rye for toast.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Enjoy your meals everyone. I am on my way out for dinner. See you later.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Have a nice time Peeps!

mhend....I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Dinner ended up being oven fried ranch chicken, egg noodles with broccoli, butter, garlic powder, mexican 4-blend cheese, salt and pepper with a side salad.

Attachments

• dinner892010.jpg
    dinner892010.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 137

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Have a nice time Peeps!

Dinner ended up being oven fried ranch chicken, egg noodles with broccoli, butter, garlic powder, mexican 4-blend cheese, salt and pepper with a side salad.

:a1: Beautiful picture too!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mama, the chicken looks wonderful, but I am in love with the noodles and broccoli. Yum.

lilylove

Paul will be eating at work again so I'm just warming up some of the beef barley veggie soup I made this weekend. :) It's reallllly goooood!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you Cooksie and Karen....the noodles were my favorite part! I just kinda threw them together and they turned out really good!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Have a nice time Peeps!

Thank you AND another OH MAMA!! Yummy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You're welcome mhend (sorry I missed your post). Eat some soup, pump up the vitamin C (fruit is better but pill will do in a pinch or if the acid of the fruit doesn't agree with the tummy) and take a good multivitamin.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Paul will be eating at work again so I'm just warming up some of the beef barley veggie soup I made this weekend. :) It's reallllly goooood!

That is one of my favorite soups!! I make homemade beef, veggie and barley soup every halloween for family and friends who visit to see our decorations. It has become tradition because we decorate big time and spend most of the day outside so soup is served on the deck.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had salad, steak and unsweetened iced tea. DQ ice cream in the freezer for later (instead of birthday cake). We also ordered a pie to go - uncut. I will crank the oven and pizza stone and reheat it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The baked sweet potato was so good, I should have had two and said to heck with the meatloaf!:yum:

2010-08-09 16-45-58.526.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We had party yesterday. Tonight is about left overs.
Plenty of ribs, beans, and Salad left!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Y'all! Sass, you're right about that sweet potato looking mighty good....now I'm gonna have to go to the store tomorrow for some sweet potatoes :lol:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Y'all! Sass, you're right about that sweet potato looking mighty good....now I'm gonna have to go to the store tomorrow for some sweet potatoes :lol:
:flowers:.. honestly, it tasted so yummy I wanted another.
All I seasoned it with was butter, garlic powder and some pepper.
I ate half a piece of my overly done, not so moist meatloaf and gave the rest to Gretch.:blush:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sass your meal looks so good. I wish you could beam me a plate.

I love sweet potatoes with a small amount each of butter, Splenda brown sugar, sugar free maple syrup and a few grinds of cinnamon (I love those grinders!!).