Whats on the plate 8/8/10?

mhend

I have some last minute school shopping to do so it will probably be leftovers for us tonight. :)

FooD

I'll be eating solo tonight so that means I'll be grilling the best steak with the finest bottle of wine I can afford......out in the patio. Peaceful. Life is good.

vyapti

It seems everyone has invited friends over for dinner tonight. I'm making spaghetti, tempeh meatballs and fresh bread.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sausage, green and red bell peppers, onions, (sea salt, ground pepper, ground red pepper flakes, garlic, fresh basil, fresh oregano, burgundy wine and tomato puree) and garlic bread on the side.

sausage_peppers_onions_garlic_bread_080810_P1060130.JPG

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh peeps, that looks SO good. Makes me wish I hadn't already thawed out the chicken breasts and had taken out the Italian sausage instead. I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow night!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh peeps, that looks SO good. Makes me wish I hadn't already thawed out the chicken breasts and had taken out the Italian sausage instead. I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow night!

Thank you Karen.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Just coming in from the last day of Satchmo Fest...but starving!

Making gnocchi with hot italian sausage and a tomato salad.

Chianti with dinner. In fact, I think I want that chianti now.:alc:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Toward evening, the weather cooled a bit as a storm rolled in, so I cut up some chicken breasts to make chicken "fingers" and threw together a green salad, along with leftover potato salad.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 117

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Gorgeous Karen! Is that Black Olives in your potato salad? DW is on a Black Olive kick here lately and can't get enough of them. Might have to try adding them to the potato salad!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Sass and Keltin - yes, those are black olives in both salads (!). Actually, I slice up green olives in my potato salad as well, but as we were eating it last night, I realized that something was missing, and I had forgotten to add celery seed. I'm with your wife - love black olives. And Vera - your dinner looks delicious, I especially like the fresh basil and cheese garnish.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Sass.

Karen and Vera your dinners look wonderful.

Karen I also love black and green olives. I never put olives in potato salad but I like the sound of adding green olives and will try that soon. I also love your plate!!

FooD

I had a nice quiet evening all to myself last night and did a porterhouse steak along with some roasted tomatoes and asparagus. I cooked them in the wood oven.

Attachments

• P1040924.jpg
    P1040924.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 95
  • P1040938.jpg
    P1040938.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 108

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had a nice quiet evening all to myself last night and did a porterhouse steak along with some roasted tomatoes and asparagus. I cooked them in the wood oven.
YUMMY!! That looks awesome!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, that looks so good!
FooD.. how rustic and lovely is your dinner for one. Veddy nice!