I need a new grill

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
:yum: I read your post as: SO I BROKE THE GRILL LAST NIGHT! :eek: :yum:

I read everything else you wrote and didn't see where you broke it. :confused: Finally I read your first sentence as you wrote it. :yum:

Sounds good. What does the searer work on? They look electric but I suppose they run off the propane like the regular burners ....is that correct.

LOL doc!! i read it the same way at first went ut oh and did a second read!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Okay the verdict is in...I used all of the main burners on the grill and I tried out the searing burner today. I have not tried out the rotisserie yet or the crock pot feature (the warming drawer works great) but so far, I LOVE THIS GRILL :clap:!
ok now that i read both of you peoples reviews I want one!!

what was the make and model? and you have to order the rotiss? is that info in the box or do you order it from the store you buy the BBQ from?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps! It's a Jenn Air 7 burner that I got a Sam's Club. Here is a picture and the specs: http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=177092&postcount=16

I had to order the rotisserie separate. Sam's Club didn't have the rotisserie but I ordered it from Costco Online. Last I looked, they didn't have anymore but they may have gotten more in.. The part # for the rotisserie is Jenn Air 790-0007. It is supposed to be for all grills up to 38" wide but DH had to shorten the bracket that the motor attaches to because you couldn't close the lid on the searing burner. With tax and free shipping, it was $75. I have been very pleased with it so far.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps! It's a Jenn Air 7 burner that I got a Sam's Club. Here is a picture and the specs: http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=177092&postcount=16

I had to order the rotisserie separate. Sam's Club didn't have the rotisserie but I ordered it from Costco Online. Last I looked, they didn't have anymore but they may have gotten more in.. The part # for the rotisserie is Jenn Air 790-0007. It is supposed to be for all grills up to 38" wide but DH had to shorten the bracket that the motor attaches to because you couldn't close the lid on the searing burner. With tax and free shipping, it was $75. I have been very pleased with it so far.
thank you. i will need to buy it somewhere other than sams because my hub is against wal-mart and sams club.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I saw it on ebay but it was over $1000 and that didn't include shipping :eek:. I don't know who else sells it.

hoop-fl

Well. y'all convinced me that I needed to get one of the Sam's Club Jenn-Air grills before they were out of stock. I had seen it there a couple of weeks ago, and drooled all over it at the time. I had decided that was the one I wanted, but thought I would wait until I completed my outdoor kitchen. But, based on the supply, I decided I couldn't wait any longer. I just ordered one for pick-up at our local Sam's Club next week.

Can't wait to try it out, but guess I'll have to get an army to help me unload it.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Congratulations! You'll definitely need some help unloading it! It's not at all hard to put together. It's pretty much assembled when you get. I hope you are as happy with it as I have been. I cooked wings on it the other night and juicy lucy's before that. I grilled pizza on it last night but didn't take any pics. :oops: It turned out wonderfully too!

Attachments

• baconjucylucy1.jpg
    baconjucylucy1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 407
  • baconjucylucy.jpg
    baconjucylucy.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 401
  • dinner051110-3.jpg
    dinner051110-3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 398
  • dinner051110-4.jpg
    dinner051110-4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 433

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Congratulations! You'll definitely need some help unloading it! It's not at all hard to put together. It's pretty much assembled when you get. I hope you are as happy with it as I have been. I cooked wings on it the other night and juicy lucy's before that. I grilled pizza on it last night but didn't take any pics. :oops: It turned out wonderfully too!
all I have to say is OH MAMA!! LOL

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sam's Club was supposed to have it (according to the box the grill came in) but didn't so I ordered it from Costco Online. Last I looked, they didn't have anymore but they may have gotten more in.. The part # for the rotisserie is Jenn Air 790-0007. It is supposed to be for all grills up to 38" wide but DH had to shorten the bracket that the motor attaches to because you couldn't close the lid on the searing burner. With tax and free shipping, it was $75.

hoop-fl

Sam's Club was supposed to have it (according to the box the grill came in) but didn't so I ordered it from Costco Online. Last I looked, they didn't have anymore but they may have gotten more in.. The part # for the rotisserie is Jenn Air 790-0007. It is supposed to be for all grills up to 38" wide but DH had to shorten the bracket that the motor attaches to because you couldn't close the lid on the searing burner. With tax and free shipping, it was $75.

Well, I went to the Costco site, and it didn't say it was out-of-stock, so I ordered one and got the confirmation. Hopefully I will get it in a week or so. Thanks for the info. :smile:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Just a heads up...You'll need to shorten the bracket that the motor fits on so that you will be able to close the searing burner lid.

hoop-fl

Well, I picked up the Jenn-Aire Grill at Sam's Club yesterday afternoon. Took four of us to get it out of the back of the pick-up, but managed to keep from damaging it. Got it assembled yesterday evening. Took about an hour.

Got a tank of gas today, and gave the grill a coating of Sheila Shine this afternoon (picked up a quart at a local Janitorial Supply for $12). Picked up a couple of steaks and decided to give it a run. Tested all the burners. With all 5 main burners going on high, she reached 600 deg. in about 10 minutes (probably used up half of my 20lb tank) ;) That searing burner really gets hot, right now.

Coated some ears of corn with olive oil, and covered them in foil, put the four ears over one burner and set it to medium. Put the steaks on the searing burner for a couple of minutes/side to get them started, and then moved them over to the middle burner on low. By the time they were done, the corn was ready. Definitely going to have to experiment with the burner settings and times. This baby really puts out the heat. Didn't get any pictures, but I sure do like this grill. :clap: Rotisserie is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Picked up some chicken to give it a test. We'll try and get some pictures of the rotisserie in action.

Guts

at your price range buy a a bird like one (you know Chep Chep) use it till its gone the buy another one/ save the tank. to buy a nice grill you are going to spend over 1k or there a bouts. I recommend spending 1.5to3 hundred range not over

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I can't speak for the others Guts, but I had a cheap gas grill and really wanted a nice one in a moderate price range. The one at Sam's Club looked really nice and looked to be pretty good quality so that is the one that I went with and have been very happy with my choice so far. It may not be a Cadillac but it seems to do a pretty good job. I thought the pictures of the food cooked on it came out pretty well.

I'm glad you like yours too hoop-fl! I've been cooking on mine every chance I get. I figured it would be a gas hog too. I had a little gas left in a tank from my old grill and used that a couple of times then had it filled and bought another tank to have on hand. I did finish off the partial tank but I'm still using the first full tank and I've cooked on it quite a bit including making a rotisserie chicken so I guess it really doesn't use as much gas as I thought it might. I can't wait to see your pics!

Jarhead

I'm loving my grill so far. Last weekend I did some filet Mignon's and marinated shrimp. Last night I grilled the best chicken I have ever made in my life. Tonight we are doing some pork tenderloin chops.

I wish they sold that rottesiere on Amazon, I have some gift cards I want to use up....

I still have not had time to adjust my 2 left burners, they really throw some flames when I start the grill on high compared to the other 3 burners, anyone else's like that or did they turn the adjusters the wrong way in the factory when building it?

hoop-fl

I wish they sold that rottesiere on Amazon, I have some gift cards I want to use up....

My rotisserie for the Jenn-Aire just came in and I have installed it. Got it from COSTCO Online for $79. I installed mine with the motor on the right side so that the bracket doesn't interfere with the Searing Burner cover. Worked out fine. :thumb:

Got a chicken all set to put on for tonight. I'll try and get some pictures of the rotisserie in action.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've not had a problem with my burners Jarhead. Mine are all working fine.

Hoop-fl, I suggested that to DH but he didn't want to do it...he insisted it was supposed to be on the left...besides...that would have made things wayyyyy too easy....:yum:

Doc, did you ever find one?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I can't speak for the others Guts, but I had a cheap gas grill and really wanted a nice one in a moderate price range. The one at Sam's Club looked really nice and looked to be pretty good quality so that is the one that I went with and have been very happy with my choice so far. It may not be a Cadillac but it seems to do a pretty good job. I thought the pictures of the food cooked on it came out pretty well.

I'm glad you like yours too hoop-fl! I've been cooking on mine every chance I get. I figured it would be a gas hog too. I had a little gas left in a tank from my old grill and used that a couple of times then had it filled and bought another tank to have on hand. I did finish off the partial tank but I'm still using the first full tank and I've cooked on it quite a bit including making a rotisserie chicken so I guess it really doesn't use as much gas as I thought it might. I can't wait to see your pics!

I looked at them at Sam's. When I look at my little blackie grill/smoker, yours looks like a Cadillac to me :mrgreen:, and your food pics have been wonderful.

hoop-fl

Well we successfully used the rotisserie on the Jenn-Air. Boy was that chicken moist and good. Here's some pictures of the grill, rotisserie, and tonights dinner.

Attachments

• The Grill.jpg
    The Grill.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 352
  • Rotisserie.jpg
    Rotisserie.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 368
  • Chicken.jpg
    Chicken.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 342

Mama

Queen of Cornbread