I need a new grill

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks for the well wishes Jarhead.

Your reasons for buying the grill are the same reasons that I had. I couldn't find a grill in that price range that seemed to be made as well and that had everything that I wanted.

I agree about Sam's return policy being very good. I had to return a computer that I bought a while back and had no trouble at all. In fact, the price had dropped between the time I originally purchased it and the time that I returned it so not only did they give me a new computer but the refunded the difference in the price.

Good luck with yours.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about all that Mama. Here's to this weekend working out better for you. :thumb:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Doc. The car is in the shop and we are both feeling less and less sore.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good. Sounds like you are on the way then. :D
Now if only that grill would put itself together. :D

Jarhead

We picked the grill up last night - took 3 guys to get the box into the trailer. We did buy the 3 year extended warranty for $79. The manager at SAM's said the 100% satisfaction return policy is what it is. If you are not satisfied with the product, bring it back at any time for a refund. So if this grill takes a dump in two years, we just return it and get a refund or a new grill. I am impressed with that return policy that made the purchase that much easier. I am going to put it together tonight after work and hopefully grill something on it Thursday night!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
We picked the grill up last night - took 3 guys to get the box into the trailer. We did buy the 3 year extended warranty for $79. The manager at SAM's said the 100% satisfaction return policy is what it is. If you are not satisfied with the product, bring it back at any time for a refund. So if this grill takes a dump in two years, we just return it and get a refund or a new grill. I am impressed with that return policy that made the purchase that much easier. I am going to put it together tonight after work and hopefully grill something on it Thursday night!

Awesome! Post some pics if you have time!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo, Jarhead! If you get a chance, let us know how easy it was to assemble, how good the instructions were, etc.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Jarhead. Which grill did you get? I stopped by Sam's the other day specifically to look at grills. They only had two and one of them was an event grill. HUGE. No lid. Not sure if they sold em all out or they simply do not carry the variety that your Sam's does. :confused:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
All Sam's Clubs are different Doc. They don't all carry the same thing. Jarhead and I both bought the same grill. Here's a link to it on their website: Jenn Air Gas Grill. You can check for the availability at different Sam's Clubs.

Jarhead

All Sam's Clubs are different Doc. They don't all carry the same thing. Jarhead and I both bought the same grill. Here's a link to it on their website: Jenn Air Gas Grill. You can check for the availability at different Sam's Clubs.

Also to note, do not trust the website to see if they carry the grill. The one I went too said they did not carry them online but they had 4 of them in the store. You will have to ask a member services rep for a visual inspection in the store to see if they have the grills.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Also to note, do not trust the website to see if they carry the grill. The one I went too said they did not carry them online but they had 4 of them in the store. You will have to ask a member services rep for a visual inspection in the store to see if they have the grills.

Jarhead, does your moniker come from being a canning fanatic or are you a Marine? If the latter, Semper Fidelis my brother.

Jarhead

Boy, the folks over on bbqsource-forums.com are real haters for Jenn Air and Sam's club. I'm going to trust my judgment on this one though...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Thanks guys. I'm in the sticks so there is no other Sam's club within 80 miles. I know what they had was slim pickings. Maybe they'll get more in a week or two though. I'll check back ...and by then I'll have seen yous guys reviews. :thumb: :D

Hey Jarhead, I'm an ex squid. We used to haul you guys around ...way before your time though. :yum: :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We were there at the same time buzz (Nam)
USN 71 - 74. Reserves 74 - 77.
USS Butte in Nam 72 & 73. (Ammo Ship AE-27)

Jarhead

Got the grill put together in 1.5 hours. I must say I was really impressed with how it was packaged, very secure! Setup consisted of unwrapping every piece of the grates and pulling protective plastic off of the grill. Had to attach the two sides with 5 bolts each. We are gonna grill some chicken breast Thursday night so will have a report on Friday for everyone.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
:clap::clap::clap: Very good, Jarhead! I can't wait for you to grill on it. (If you have a camera, I would love some pics to drool over. LOL)

buckytom

Grill Master
and yeah, ya have to put on your uniform for the pics, jarhead.

f-mom will just annoy the crap outta you until you do, so just get it over with. sheesh.

Jarhead

and yeah, ya have to put on your uniform for the pics, jarhead.

f-mom will just annoy the crap outta you until you do, so just get it over with. sheesh.

Ha - that would be a flashback of a scene from the movie Tommy Boy - Fat guy in a little coat

fatguybp2.gif

This Marine has gained a little weight in the 10 years he's been out...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: Funny. but we all know that is more the norm than the exception.

Jarhead

So I broke in the grill last night.

First off, I wanted to see how hot the grill got firing it up. I first started with the Searing Burner - turned it on and it was red hot within a minute - lots of heat!

Then I turned on the main 5 burners on the grill and shut the lid, Temps hit about 350 in 3-4 minutes and over 500 degrees in 6-7 minutes. I did notice that burner 1 and 2 seemed to have a higher flame but read in the manual that you can adjust the flames. This will be my next project once I get back from my vacation.

After the initial tests, my wife said "Momma's hungry, are we gonna eat?". So I put on 4 boneless chicken breast. They turned out beautifully. It will be some time to figure out the sweet spot on the knob for the cooking temperature as I only used 2 of the 5 burners to cook the chicken breast and the temperature gage was in the middle of the grill so that may have been off a little with adjusting the knobs. I supposed if I used that burner right in line with the temperature gage it would have been right on :lol:

All in all, I am very happy with this grill!