I just had to share

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
My boys got finally got all of their grades for this last semester and Myles (who took 16 hours) got all As! Sebastian (who took 13 hours) got three As and one B. I am so happy!

I'm not big on grades per se - (homeschoolers rarely grade anything). But I was anxious about how they would do. Homeschooling was a decision I didn't make lightly and I believed it was the best thing for my boys at the time, but you never know. The real test is when they go to college and out into the world, and by then it's too late if you screwed up! LOL So this says to me that it worked out OK for them.:biggrin:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That is great! With homeschooling they definitely get more one-on-one. Ya done good!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've always been very skeptical about home schooling as it always seemed to me it was like the blind leading the blinder. Now with that said the grades are great but are they in college now and this is their grade, or is this a grade they got from someone teaching them in their home. I really don't mean to rain on your parade just a bit confused is all, but if collage grades then that is really great.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Terry, I have a friend who home schooled (still is 4) ALL 16 of her kids!
The ones who have left home and got married are very successful in their careers!
I home schooled Ty after I got pissed off at the way he was being treated in his sophomore year at a Catholic high school.
Best decision we ever made. :)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've always been very skeptical about home schooling as it always seemed to me it was like the blind leading the blinder. Now with that said the grades are great but are they in college now and this is their grade, or is this a grade they got from someone teaching them in their home. I really don't mean to rain on your parade just a bit confused is all, but if collage grades then that is really great.
No, no - that is their grades in college. They have been in college since last January - this is their 2nd semester (they attended one summer session, too, though). So far, they have both been on the Dean's list both semesters and their GPAs are 3.7 and 3.8. That's why I'm so happy - it's their first encounter with education outside the house.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
No, no - that is their grades in college. They have been in college since last January - this is their 2nd semester (they attended one summer session, too, though). So far, they have both been on the Dean's list both semesters and their GPAs are 3.7 and 3.8. That's why I'm so happy - it's their first encounter with education outside the house.
That proves that they can go on and excel outside your educating them, Terry.
Tyler went on to a tech school for auto mechanics.
May I say I am the proud mother of one very successful, 26 year old redneck mechanic?
I'd let him touch my car before anyone else!:lol:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That proves that they can go on and excel outside your educating them, Terry.
Tyler went on to a tech school for auto mechanics.
May I say I am the proud mother of one very successful, 26 year old redneck mechanic?
I'd let him touch my car before anyone else!:lol:
LOL!!! I don't care what my kids end up doing as long as they are happy and it pays the bills. Besides, a good mechanic is way more valuable than a good doctor, IMO!

Myles is majoring in math and Seb is a drama major. (I'm thinking Seb will be waiting tables for a few years! LOL)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
LOL!!! I don't care what my kids end up doing as long as they are happy and it pays the bills. Besides, a good mechanic is way more valuable than a good doctor, IMO!

Myles is majoring in math and Seb is a drama major. (I'm thinking Seb will be waiting tables for a few years! LOL)
I wish them both well. With a Mommy like you, they'll be just fine. ;)
By the way, I adore the name Sebastian for a boy.
Fisher and Myles ain't too shabby either!

homecook

Congratulations to the boys and also to you Terry!!! That is indeed a wonderful accomplishment! Kudos......

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Of course they would do well. They were taught by a nun...a butt smokin', hot lookin' nun, but a nun, nonetheless.:dizzy: Did you get that? You and the boys get one of Joe's DWD's that I used to give to my employees when they did something exceptional...Damn Well Done!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations, Terry. The combined efforts of you and the boys is really paying off. You deserve to be intensely proud, all of you.

suziquzie

Wow Terry that's amazing!
I work with a few home-school kids at bagel-land and they hands down are just all around better, smarter kids than the public school ones. Great job!!!
I could never do it. My kids are extremely stubborn, I am just a 'lil (haha) impatient...... it would get ugly.
LOL homework time gets ugly enough around here!

phreak

How exciting! If I can help you in any way with online resources, books, etc., please let me know. How old is your child?

LOL, 4 months...So far I've taught him how to blow spit bubbles and giggle. I will take you up on the help for resources etc when we get closer to the time.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
There you go - you have already begun teaching! Really. They start learning even things like letter recognition much earlier than we think. (But I'm not one of those baby geniuses people - too much pressure for all involved. LOL)

Congrats on your baby, phreak! This is his first Christmas, then. Isn't it the best thing ever??

phreak

It is the best thing ever for sure. I can only imagine how proud you are of how well your guys are doing in college.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It's funny - when they were little, it was easy to get caught up in the moment and lose sight of the fact that the goal in raising kids is to end up with a happy, functional adult who adds to society in a positive way. I was just trying to keep them from injuring themselves or bothering the neighbors or killing each other. LOL

But seeing them enter the world outside our doors and knowing that they are adequately prepared to make a good life for themselves - that's amazing! The day my oldest daughter graduated college (in 1995) was probably one of the best days of my life. And if things go well, I will be watching these two sons graduate in a a few years. Since I am a high school drop-out, it's especially sweet for me. We always want our kids to do better than than we did, huh?