George Foreman Evolve Grill

Bought it yesterday on QVC. Since it was the Special of the day, w/ reduced s/h, I decided to do it. It comes w/ 6 grill pans - deep dish for pizza etc, waffles, cupcakes & grill pans. I'm already thinking about blueberry waffles, paninis, eggplant parm, asparagus, salmon, etc. It has a digital temp control, as well. I bought the black.

evolve grill.jpg

It's the time-tested classic you know and love--evolved for a new generation of culinary ease! With six interchangeable nonstick plates, the Evolve is an incredibly versatile George Foreman grill that makes cooking and baking your favorite foods easier than ever before.

Big possibilities--small space. While compact enough to use and store right on your counter, this kitchen essential has six removable plates--it's like six appliances in one! Grill grease-free burgers, fish, chicken, and way more with the two grill plates. Use the waffle plates to make scrumptious Sunday breakfasts. Feeling creative? Make muffins--no oven required--with the muffin cup plate, and experiment with the bake pan plate for deep dish pizzas, brownies--whatever you're craving. Boasting even heat distribution and timer and temperature controls, this grill makes preparing a variety of dishes so simple.

Healthy cooking. Like all George Foreman grills, the Evolve is designed with deep channels that drain the fat away from your food. If you're trying to start or maintain a lighter diet, this machine is the perfect complement to your health-conscious lifestyle.

No-hassle cleanup. The removable plates are all nonstick. That means there's no tedious scraping and scrubbing after meals. For ultra-easy cleaning, just place the plates right in your dishwasher.

More than a grill, it's your go-to cooking station. From George Foreman.
  • Includes grill, six interchangeable plates, two drip trays, two spatulas, and instructions with nine recipes
  • Plates include two grill plates, two waffle plates, one muffin pan plate, and one deep-dish/bake pan plate
  • Design channels fat and grease away from foods
  • One-touch, wipe-clean LCD digital control built into lid
  • Variable temperature contrIt has a temp controol from 300F to 425F in 25-degree increments
  • Variable cooking time control from 1 to 20 minutes in 1-minute increments
  • Locking grill plate tabs for easy on/off
  • Even heat distribution
  • Power/ready light
  • All plates are nonstick, heavy-cast aluminum
  • All plates are dishwasher safe
  • Measures approximately 13"L x 15"W x 6"H; opens to 15"H; cord 2'L
  • UL listed; 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
  • Made in China
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...ill-w-6-Removable-Non-stickPlates?&cookie=set

I already have a new recipe in mind to try.

Grilled Eggplant and Tomato Gratin
Recipe By : Family Circle
Serving Size : 8

eggplant gratin.jpg

2 large tomatoes -- thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium eggplants -- (2-1/2 pounds total) sliced 1/2 inch thick
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
2 cloves garlic -- finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups Fontina cheese -- shredded
Fresh basil -- for garnish (optional)

Place sliced tomatoes on paper toweling; sprinkle with salt. Place paper toweling on top. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat top of tomatoes to remove as much liquid as possible.

Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-hot, or heat oven broiler.

Coat eggplant on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Grill eggplant slices 6 inches from coals, or broil on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, 6 inches from heat, 5 minutes on each side or until tender.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat large, shallow oval baking dish (about 15 x 10 inches) with nonstick cooking spray.

Arrange eggplant and tomato slices, alternating, around and slightly up sides of baking dish. Avoid overlapping too much; try to keep in single layer. Place a few down center of dish. Sprinkle with oregano, basil and garlic. Pour heavy cream over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil.

Bake in 350 degrees F oven 45 minutes, until bubbly. Remove foil. Bake 10 minutes, until cheese is golden. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

When making this tasty side-dish recipe, keep the eggplant and tomato in a single layer, so every slice is topped with heavy cream and Fontina cheese.

"http://www.recipe.com/grilled-eggplant-and-tomato-gratin/"

What does the fat/grease drain into? Is it like the earlier versions where you have separate plastic pans that have to be pushed up against the unit to catch the grease? I never cared for those as there was too much room for them to accidentally move away from the unit & you'd end up with hot grease all over the counter.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Can't wait to hear your review! If it works, that could be a really handy thing to have.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Last week I had to replace the plates on my gas grill. They are supposedly ceramic coated but rust became a problem.

No-hassle cleanup. The removable plates are all nonstick. That means there's no tedious scraping and scrubbing after meals. For ultra-easy cleaning, just place the plates right in your dishwasher.

I like that, a lot. :)

Last week I had to replace the plates on my gas grill. They are supposedly ceramic coated but rust became a problem.

I like that, a lot. :)

This guy made it even easier. lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQnCvLD0HQU&feature=related[/ame]

When you click on the link to QVC, there's also a video to see some ideas for the different plates - i.e. appetizers w/ wonton wrappers, fritatta, etc.

I have a large grill pan, but I'm mostly interested in this one for the baking pan (for lasagna, brownies, etc), waffle, & muffin/cupcake pans.

Mine is too large to keep on the counter, & I hate dragging it out. You can even make cornbread muffins ;-)