I need a new grill

High Cheese

Saucier
It's ironic. My most favorite food is pizza, yet I don't make it. I still want to try a grilled pizza, I'm totally jealous.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You NEED to try it! The taste is amazing! I don't care if it's the dead of winter, I'm not going to make pizza any other way anymore. I'm hooked! :w00t:

waybomb

Here's the Kitchenaid I bought a few months ago. Well, another one came up, so now this one is for sale locally and my new one is being delivered Saturday. Here's a link to the new one:
http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/KFRU488VSS/

And a pic of the one I have on Craigslist

Attachments

• 100_3260 (Small).JPG
    100_3260 (Small).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 350

MacTopper

Hey fellow Jenn Air owners,

Have been following the posts on the Jenn Air 720-0709 and have seen a lot of good suggestions and pics of some gooood food. I saw this model in Sams Club in Colorado where we were visiting some friends. It had a lot of good features and I wanted one. I check with the CS desk to see if they had any inventory in SoCal, around my area. My local store had 9 when I checked and two neighboring towns had 8 and 6 units. When we got home I went to the local store and they only had 4 left and boxes were still in excellent shape. So I bought one on 5/29. You are right about being a heavy dude. but got it home and put it together and had our first meal from it that night. It was great.

Was reading on this site of some of the items that didn't work so I made a few changes today. The condiment rack that wouldn't work with the tank in. So I took the tank out and moved the slider arms back a couple of holes. Now the rack is on the inside of the door with the tank in and the door closes. It is a little tight turning on the tank valve, but still do-able with my big hands.

I added a 4-outlet tap box to the back for the electrical. The box has it own 15 amp overload built in but still have it plugged into a GFI outlet with 14/2 wire.

If anybody wants to know what all is involved in these two projects and maybe some pics, I will be glad to post them for ya....Let me know...Will be check back with y'all...

Here's to Good cookin' and Good Eatin'.... :chef:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hey fellow Jenn Air owners,

Have been following the posts on the Jenn Air 720-0709 and have seen a lot of good suggestions and pics of some gooood food. I saw this model in Sams Club in Colorado where we were visiting some friends. It had a lot of good features and I wanted one. I check with the CS desk to see if they had any inventory in SoCal, around my area. My local store had 9 when I checked and two neighboring towns had 8 and 6 units. When we got home I went to the local store and they only had 4 left and boxes were still in excellent shape. So I bought one on 5/29. You are right about being a heavy dude. but got it home and put it together and had our first meal from it that night. It was great.

Was reading on this site of some of the items that didn't work so I made a few changes today. The condiment rack that wouldn't work with the tank in. So I took the tank out and moved the slider arms back a couple of holes. Now the rack is on the inside of the door with the tank in and the door closes. It is a little tight turning on the tank valve, but still do-able with my big hands.

I added a 4-outlet tap box to the back for the electrical. The box has it own 15 amp overload built in but still have it plugged into a GFI outlet with 14/2 wire.

If anybody wants to know what all is involved in these two projects and maybe some pics, I will be glad to post them for ya....Let me know...Will be check back with y'all...

Here's to Good cookin' and Good Eatin'.... :chef:

We have a guy here that is an electrician....JoeV. Also a darned good baker. He did an electrical job for one of his cookers, so an exchange tween you two would prove very interesting and informative. :thumb:

Being an Engineer, I love the electrical talk, so let's have at it! :biggrin:

And Welcome to NCT! :clap:

Mak

I'm new to these forums.A lot of good info here.Thanks to all posters.A couple questions.Mama, have you ever had your cholesterol checked :mrgreen: (just kidding) and has anyone ever converted the Sam's Club grill to natural gas?

MacTopper

Welcome Mak....I thought this thread was dead...haven't seen any other postings since mine in June...Where I live we are on propane so no conversion to natural gas here...I still run the 20# tanks but have a line near were the bbq is to run it off the big tank in the future. Don't know when I will since I'm only on my second 20# tank since we bought the bbq. We bbq about 6 days a week if not seven.

Mak

I've been Googgling a lot and the consensus seem to be "Weber".$800 with no bells and whistles, but unmatched quality.Like everyone else, I like "bells and whistles". ;)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Mak....I thought this thread was dead...haven't seen any other postings since mine in June...Where I live we are on propane so no conversion to natural gas here...I still run the 20# tanks but have a line near were the bbq is to run it off the big tank in the future. Don't know when I will since I'm only on my second 20# tank since we bought the bbq. We bbq about 6 days a week if not seven.

Hey, belated welcome to you, too, MacTopper!!

Same as with Mak - please tell us about yourself a bit in the Intro. sub forum and stick around! We love outdoor cooks!

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Lee