How's you garden doing midsummer?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The blossoms will drop without setting fruit once the temperature goes above 90. There is a product called Blossom Set that you can spray on them that will prevent that.

I didn't know that, Leni! I actually have Blossom Set, but didn't know that I should have used it in mid-June when the weather got so hot and lasted for almost 2 months now, with only a break or two!

Damn! I do have some tomatoes, but not nearly as many as I should, and almost NO new flowers!

Thanks for the tip! I'll use the blossom set every year now, just in case!

Lee

Leni

It does work. I live in the San Fernando Valley where it goes well over 100 during the summer. So far we've only had a few weeks like that. It is unusually cool for the last three weeks, not much over 90.

PanchoHambre

i have had alot of blossom drop too... which from info below probably has something to do with the fact that Philly is on it's 7th heatwave this summer I think. finally I see a bit of a resurgence in tomato creation.

The smaller type tomatoes seem to have been doing better overall. I have one huge bush I am about to just rip out of the ground it's refusal to make actual tomatoes is making me so mad.