Tuesday 1/25/2011, Whats on your plate ?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, it looks VERY edible! Sometimes things taste really good even if they don't look like a magazine photo. But I do understand - I have days when nothing seems to turn out exactly the way I hoped it would. Last night was one of those times, as a matter of fact. The only thing I really liked about that dinner was the tortillas, which I managed to get VERY thin by standing on a step stool and putting lots of weight on the tortilla press!

Tonight's dinner is not going to win any prizes, either. It tasted OK: clean-out-the refrigerator beef stew. I put mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, garlic and beef in it...I think it would have been better without the mushrooms and zucchini. But I wanted to use them up. I did get a good deep fond from browning the meat, though. The homemade bread was good, too.

Poor Peeps - now I suppose you have to go to the dentist and get your crown repaired....hope it doesn't hurt too much!

Attachments

• DSCF1056.jpg
    DSCF1056.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 87

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peeps, it looks VERY edible! Sometimes things taste really good even if they don't look like a magazine photo. But I do understand - I have days when nothing seems to turn out exactly the way I hoped it would. Last night was one of those times, as a matter of fact. The only thing I really liked about that dinner was the tortillas, which I managed to get VERY thin by standing on a step stool and putting lots of weight on the tortilla press!

Tonight's dinner is not going to win any prizes, either. It tasted OK: clean-out-the refrigerator beef stew. I put mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, garlic and beef in it...I think it would have been better without the mushrooms and zucchini. But I wanted to use them up. I did get a good deep fond from browning the meat, though. The homemade bread was good, too.

Poor Peeps - now I suppose you have to go to the dentist and get your crown repaired....hope it doesn't hurt too much!
Thank you Karen. I want some beef stew!! It looks YUMMY! I always put mushrooms in my stew if I have them. I put all those things in my stew except zukes which I rarely have. I don't buy them often. I like them stuffed like peppers sometimes.

Boneless beef roasts are on sale this week maybe I will buy a bottom round and cube it for stew and soup.

Yeah I can add that to the list of other health issues I don't want to deal with. LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I could take a spoon to that right now, Karen.
I love that bowl and your bread is gorgeous.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Ah thanks, Sass!! (Look at the upper right of the picture - the edge of that flower looks like a little space alien...you and I are taking interesting pictures tonight.)

buckytom

Grill Master
sushi tonight.

here's the place i get my sushi from in rochelle park, nj called maguro sushi:

2011-01-25_17-21-44_367.jpg

2011-01-25_17-22-11_200.jpg

the owner

2011-01-25_17-22-27_119.jpg

and chef

2011-01-25_17-22-33_931.jpg

i got the sushi deluxe platter

2011-01-25_17-47-28_913.jpg

and we shared brown rice versions of a dragon roll (avocado wrapped around an ell roll), a spider roll (soft shell crab tempura and avocado), and a salmon skin hand roll.

2011-01-25_17-49-00_356.jpg

it looks gloppy because of the brown rice and the lighting, but it was good.

i also had a side of oshinko (pickled veggies)

2011-01-25_17-48-16_863.jpg

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Looks FANTASTIC, BT!!!!!

Went with Bon Chon, Korean Fried Chicken. The most mazing chicken, ever. And Some Bulgogi with rice and salad.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
wow everybodies food looks great...trade any dish posted for the subway i had to eat to tonight...it was well Subway..lol

Looks FANTASTIC, BT!!!!!

Went with Bon Chon, Korean Fried Chicken. The most mazing chicken, ever. And Some Bulgogi with rice and salad.

Bulgogi is one of my favorite Korean Dishes

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I was busy making an orange cake, so I just threw together a mac & cheese. Sorry, no pics, but it was aged white cheddar and monterey jack in a bechamel over elbows. Baked in the oven with a bread crumb topping. Tasty but easy.