Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Bottom Layer
3/4 cup shortening
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/4 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp. Salt

Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use a pastry cutter to combine thoroughly.
Cooks note – I tried my food processor and the dough blade and got no joy. My Kitchen Aid was not in love with the idea either. I do not have a hand mixer. The winner was the pastry cutter (blender) which did a stellar job,
Put this mixture in a 9” X 13” X 2” Baking pan. Work it out flat and of uniform thickness. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes of so. The dough should get brown, but, will not be firm.

Middle layer
Purist that I am, I took 3 pints of fresh raspberries and squished them in my potato ricer to get ½ cup of raspberry juice. It was not entirely seedless. It was pretty close. To this, I added a splash of water and a Tbsp of Arrowroot.
Cooks note – You can use cornstarch if you do not have Arrowroot. I like the Arrowroot, since it does not leave a taste.
Bring this to a boil in a saucepan and let it thicken. Put in a vessel and put in the refrigerator to cool.
Cooks Note – I made this up in advance and had it ready when the Bottom layer came out from the oven.

Spread the raspberry mixture evenly over the crust (Bottom layer).
Cooks Note – If you prefer, use ½ cup of seedless raspberry jam.

Top Layer

4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
4 eggs
1/3 cup lemon juice
4 tsp. grated lemon peel

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Put the cream cheese, sugar and flower in the mixer bowl and beat till fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour this over the raspberry layer and spread evenly. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes Check to make sure the center has just set. Adjust time as needed. Remove from the oven and cool. Refrigerate before serving. They are better cold. Store any leftovers (unlikely) in the fridge. [/FONT]