A potato ricer ?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
For some reason I can't use this kind. Mine is round on the bottom with a bunch of holes. The hot boiled potatoes go right through the holes similar to a ricer I guess. Never any lumps! You do have to use some elbow grease, but like my dad would tell my mom, "Shake that ass!!" :yum: So that's what I do.......

Barb

:wwpics:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I make whipped potatoes with a hand mixer. I make sure the butter is fully incorporated before adding the milk. They turn out silky smooth every time... Delicious!

homecook

That's the only way I get my excercise............but then eating mashed potatoes kind of defeats the purpose! :lol::lol:

Sorry no pics........that's a site I don't think you'd want to see.

Barb

AllenOK

I like lumpy potatoes!

I use a hand mixer at home. At work, we steam Yukon's until they're perfect (at least I do, another cook always overcooks his). Into the 40 qt bowl, on the stand mixer, and hook up the whip. Mash away. Add butter, salt and pepper, and hot, heavy cream.

I make the best at work!

</bragging>

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I have one of these guys.... really like it. Got it from Williams Sonoma (one of the rare things I've purchased there). Only negative is that it's a pain to store. No holes in the handles for hanging, and takes a lot of drawer space.

img99l.jpg
I've got one of these as well. A real PIA to store, but it got my youngest eating his mashed potatoes. It also manages those potatoes that aren't quite cooked.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have a masher that kind of looks like if you held your fingers at a right angle to your hand. I have two ricers. I got mine when I started making cheesecake and needed to strain cottage cheese. One of my ricers is not strong enough for potatoes really, but, it has more holes for things to strain through. I have an OXO ricer, it plenty strong enough. It only has holes in the bottom of the basket, for that reason, it takes a long time to rice a pot of potatoes.

Sometimes, I like a few lumps and the skins on, sometimes I want no lumps. I like different tastes. Sometimes I put chopped Basil in and sometimes Garlic, sometimes just butter. All of those combinations with skins and lumps and without skins or lumps.

Taste buds hate to be bored.

I would really like one like the one above.

AC

Last edited: