Chicken Fried Chicken

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken Fried Chicken with Gravy

Ingredients

2-4 Chick Breasts (boneless & skinless)
2 Cups flour (for dredging)
Flour Seasoning (I used Paprika, cracked black pepper, salt, onion & garlic powder)
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Egg
Oil for frying
Your favorite Cream Gravy

Procedure

In a large bowl, mix flour and seasoning. In another bowl, beat the egg and then add the milk. Mix well.

Dip the chicken breast in the Milk & Egg mixture, then dredge in flower. After dredging once, return to the milk 7 egg Mixture (double dipping), and then dredge once more. This ensures a nice, thick crust. Set aside and repeat with all chicken breasts. Let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Heat oil to 375 degrees. Once hot, fry 6-8 minutes per side. When done, then chicken will feel firm and the crust will be golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

When serving, drizzle gravy over the chicken breasts, and serve with mashed potatoes.

Pictures

Step_1-57.jpg

Step_2-56.jpg

Step_3-49.jpg

Step_4-44.jpg

Step_5-37.jpg

Step_6-32.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That looks spectacular, Keltin. I've never heard of letting the chicken rest after dredging in the flour but I've also never had my chicken come out looking that good, either. I think fried chicken is on the menu for tomorrow. Thanks!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That looks spectacular, Keltin. I've never heard of letting the chicken rest after dredging in the flour but I've also never had my chicken come out looking that good, either. I think fried chicken is on the menu for tomorrow. Thanks!

When you let it rest, the liquid soaks into the flour which in turn sticks more thoroughly to the chicken (think of the milk and egg as a barrier between the chicken skin/meat and the flour). That way, you get a fuller and thicker crust that doesn't fall off in hunks. Works really well.

Using Buttermilk kicks it up yet another notch (even thicker crust and more flavor....but I didn't have any). Try that!

Love2"Q"

looks great .. i made this on monday i think ...
do you have a recipe for the mac and cheese ...
or is it one of those blue boxes ...
either way it looks great ..

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
looks great .. i made this on monday i think ...
do you have a recipe for the mac and cheese ...
or is it one of those blue boxes ...
either way it looks great ..

You got me....or rather got DW (Lisa). It was a Blue Box she made for us. But we love it. Bam will recognize the Corn Bread Muffin as well!! :yum:

I did the mashed potatoes were from scratch though.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Although, Lisa didn't use the pack of cheese that comes in the Blue Box. Instead, she used butter and a jar of Double Cheese Sauce by Ragu.

I've got a pack of that powder to do something with now....it's around here somewhere!

Love2"Q"

that powder is great on popcorn ...
DW picked up some velveta mac and cheese the other night ..
its not as good as mine .. but it works ...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy moley, Keltin! A carb-lover's dream come true! LOL!

Looks kinda like one of Chowhound's plates, but Fred does toss in a vegetable, even if it's corn. LOL!

Man, I wish I was thin!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We actually had a bowl of mixed veggies (peas, corn, carrots, green beans) that we served separately in a bowl. It didn't fit on the plate. DW loves her sides!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Chicken Fried Chicken with Gravy

Ingredients

2-4 Chick Breasts (boneless & skinless)
2 Cups flour (for dredging)
Flour Seasoning (I used Paprika, cracked black pepper, salt, onion & garlic powder)
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Egg
Oil for frying
Your favorite Cream Gravy

Procedure

In a large bowl, mix flour and seasoning. In another bowl, beat the egg and then add the milk. Mix well.

Dip the chicken breast in the Milk & Egg mixture, then dredge in flower. After dredging once, return to the milk 7 egg Mixture (double dipping), and then dredge once more. This ensures a nice, thick crust. Set aside and repeat with all chicken breasts. Let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Heat oil to 375 degrees. Once hot, fry 6-8 minutes per side. When done, then chicken will feel firm and the crust will be golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

When serving, drizzle gravy over the chicken breasts, and serve with mashed potatoes.

Pictures

Step_1-57.jpg

Step_2-56.jpg

Step_3-49.jpg

Step_4-44.jpg

Step_5-37.jpg

Step_6-32.jpg
OH TALK DIRTY TO ME BABY!! POUR GRAVY ALL OVER MY BREASTS!!

did-i-say-that.gif

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i always double dredge. i don't use the egg. i dredge in seasoned flour, let rest till the moisture comes out of chicken and the flour gets a little sticky then i dredge again let rest another 10 minutes before frying.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Took me a long time before I learned those two tricks: Double dredge and letting it sit for awhile.

That looks great Keltin!