Coffee maker recomendations

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Well our coffee maker went kaput today. RIP. The heating element unexpectedly died. I would have gotten another B&D, but Consumer Reports aren't rating them as highly anymore. We went with the Bunn, since so many here seem to like it. It's all fired up, and ready for tomorrow morning. Wish us luck!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I think you will love your Bunn, Robsan. I bought a Bunn about 20 years ago and I liked it so much, I bought a commercial one about 4 years ago. (I gave my old Bunn to my son, who is still using it.) The only thing you gotta remember is that if you aren't going to be making a pot every day - like if you go on vacation or out of town for a weekend, you need to unplug it. Otherwise, the load of water which is in the tank will boil off.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I think you will love your Bunn, Robsan. I bought a Bunn about 20 years ago and I liked it so much, I bought a commercial one about 4 years ago. (I gave my old Bunn to my son, who is still using it.) The only thing you gotta remember is that if you aren't going to be making a pot every day - like if you go on vacation or out of town for a weekend, you need to unplug it. Otherwise, the load of water which is in the tank will boil off.

You didnt put your Bunn in the oven did you? :huh:........:shifty:......:yankchain:

I bought a Krups Pro Aroma at a resale joint for $8 and I LOOOOOOVE it!!! :thumb:[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Krups-452-7B-ProAroma-Coffeemaker-White/dp/B00004YW5Q[/ame]

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Wow! Nothing quite like having screaming hot fresh coffee in 3 minutes! It's amazing! It comes out like a fire hose!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
we bought an Oster at Sams last week- I don't like it- takes too long to brew, and the coffee definitely has a "Taste" to it that doesn't sit well with me.........

buckytom

Grill Master
i got dw a keurig platinum (model b70), and my niece and her fiance gave my parents a keurig elite (b40) for christmas.

they absolutely love them!

of course, the p.i.t.a. is that you have to buy the k-cups, but dw's came with a refillable/reuseable cup, so she can always use drunken donuts coffee, or store bought brands until a new shipment of k-cups arrives.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I got a new one last weekend, too. I was so happy with my last Cuisinart Grind and Brew, that I got the new model.

It still makes great fresh coffee; it grinds the beans right before the brew, so you can't get any fresher. And they must have listened to the complaints about cleaning, because this is much easier than the old model. NOW I can recommend it highly.

Take a look here.

The best part is I had a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon for 20% off, plus they had a $30 rebate. So I got it for $73 - it's regularly $129 everywhere I've seen it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have a smaller Cusinart and I bought the gold filter but still use the paper filters in it because it is easier to clean.

PanchoHambre

I have permanently retired (donated to the thrift) my drip. I find an insulated (SS, the glass ones loose too much heat) french press makes the best cup for time required. Old school percolators are great too I use those on weekends but don't have the patience on a work morning. Had one of those fancy Bodum volcano deals for awhile made a beautiful cup but couldn't stand up to abuse by addicts.