Orange pasta?

GrantsKat

So has anyone ever seen this, used it, or even have any suggestions on what to make with it?? I couldnt pass it up :huh: Sorry about the crappy pics.....

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 124

Lefty

Yank
Is that chili pepper pasta or orange pasta?

If it is flavored like chili pepper I would use it with a marinara sauce. I usually add red pepper flakes to my spaghetti so that would save me a step. :thumb:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would imagine you cook it like any dried pasta. I would also probably serve it with a red gravy of your choice. I also add red pepper flakes to my pasta sauce.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That would be very nice Kathe!

My first thought when looking at that pasta was like a blackened chicken in a creamy lime based sauce.

Deelady

I was thinking primavera, which you can still do with shrimp!! Didn't Barb just post a recipe recently?? I bet any way you choose would be tasty :)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Didn't think about shrimp scampy but I bet it would be great with just a little olive oil, butter, fresh basil and garlic on the pasta with the shrimp on top

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ooooo, I want some!

Good find, Kathe! Love the shrimp scampi idea!

Lee

suziquzie

mmmm pho is good. I need to find out how to make it......

But you need shrimp today. And garlic.... and alfredo........

GrantsKat

Ok, I made the shrimp with garlic, evoo, red pepper flakes and parsley and put that over the pasta. I have to say I wasnt impressed with the pasta, it didnt taste any different then regular pasta:huh:.....I guess I shouldnt complain since my picky eaters ate it!:wink:
Maybe I should try the BLACK spaghetti:confused:

well at least the shrimp were yummy:pig:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, I made the shrimp with garlic, evoo, red pepper flakes and parsley and put that over the pasta. I have to say I wasnt impressed with the pasta, it didnt taste any different then regular pasta:huh:.....I guess I shouldnt complain since my picky eaters ate it!:wink:
Maybe I should try the BLACK spaghetti:confused:

well at least the shrimp were yummy:pig:

If the black spaghetti is made using squid ink then it goes extremely well with clams, lobster, shrimp etc. It really is good if a good brand or fresh.

GrantsKat

If the black spaghetti is made using squid ink then it goes extremely well with clams, lobster, shrimp etc. It really is good if a good brand or fresh.

Thanks Joe, it is made with squid ink, but its the same brand as the chili pepper one......maybe i will try it:biggrin:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The worse that could happen is you don't like it. I was skeptical the first time I ate some in Italy but found it really does add a good background flavor to sea foods. I had mine the first time with a clam and mushroom ragu.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've bought it at Whole Food and Liqueur Barn import section but I've never seen it in the local stores grocery stores like Kroger's or Meijer's here. Could get it in most Italian grocery stores in Miami without much problem. I've seen Archer Farms brand before but only regular dried pastas never the chili or black versions. I will start looking for them though.

suziquzie

Is that roasted squash and garlic, Cheese?

duh I suppose I could be smart enought to see the link before I asked...... sorry...

Last edited: