160 Bulbs for $10

Calicolady

Not a bad deal if I was living up north, but I'm not fond of anemones.
Prices are rediculous cheap! 80 for $9.99 + 80 more free?

Sounds too good to be true!
Thanks, DS

lilylove

wow! If I planted that many there may be a chance that the woodland creatures might leave me one or two!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:pat:

Hehe.....I saw the title and thought LIGHT bulbs. I was thinking WOW, what a great deal!! :lol:

Constance

Yes, they come up every year, but...bargain bulbs are usually not much of a bargain, as they are usually so small that you don't get much in the way of results for several years.

Here is where I order my bulbs:
http://www.dutchbulbs.com/

PanchoHambre

I bought tons of bulbs really cheap in late fall and they are coming up now. The ones that dont get doggie stomped are looking good. Hopefully some will actually survive and bloom

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The damn chipmunks and squirrels dug up most of our bulbs and ate chunks of them then left the rest to rot. What did grow was eaten by the deer, so we don't bother any longer with bulbs.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I suppose you could always feast on chipmunks, squirrils and deer. :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum: And then start over next year. :yum::yum::yum::yum:
As a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) and a lifelong hunter/fisherman, I have eaten my share of squirrels and deer, along with other critters. If I lived in a rural area the problems would have been solved long ago, but the crack of .243 Winchester in the city is not something that is welcomed by some of my animal rights and tree hugging neighbors. Seems they have a different point of view about that sort of thng than I do, and have been known to call the cops when I'm ridding chipmunks and cats from my yard. Again, no sense of humor and no firm grasp on reality.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Here's the view you want when the whitetails are eyeballing your plants - taken yesterday on my mountain walk.....

Attachments

• 100_1466.jpg
    100_1466.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 108

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Here's the view you want when the whitetails are eyeballing your plants - taken yesterday on my mountain walk.....
Too bad you couldn't get a nice shoulder shot. We could be reading about your venison dinner instead of looking at the southern end of a norther bound whitetail. :yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I got these shots when fishing the Rocky River not too far from the CLE airport...

RockyDeer-3.jpg

RockyDeer-2.jpg

RockyDeer-1.jpg

This is an urban deer with no fear of humans. It allowed me to get way too close for these shots. Many of them get poached at night, creating a real problem for the park rangers.

Constance

That's a beauty, JoeV. Our deer are pretty tame, too. They seem to know we're not going to hurt them.
They sure have devastated my flower bed this year, though. :sad:

By the way, none of the critters bother daffodils, as they are poisonous.