1 lb. ground beef or sausage
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 c. tomato sauce
1 c. sm. curd Cottage cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 c. chopped green onions
1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (or your favorite)

Cook noodles in boiling salted water. Rinse and drain. Brown meat in butter, then add salts, pepper and tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Combine Cottage cheese, sour cream, chopped onions and noodles. Alternate layers of noodle mixture and meat mixture in a 2 quart casserole dish, beginning with noodles and ending with meat. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.

Barb

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Can you say heart attack??? Damn that sounds good HC! You got some great recipes... between you, Mama, Susan, Joe... I'm sure I'm missing a few... oh, Bam, Allen... hell, I'm dying happy, and soon!

Edit to add Mav... I know he has posted some really good looking recipes!

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Looks real good, but the sm. curd cottage cheese surprises me? I could almost envision Ricotta or even Farmers Cheese.
I usually get large curd cottage cheese, but I can get a small container of sm. curd so I can give this a try.
Thanks!

homecook

Mav, I've had this recipe for so long I may have even changed it to small curd myself. We don't care for the large curd. It's a texture thing. For all I know it was a low fat recipe hence the cottage cheese and not ricotta. LOL........I'm kidding!

Barb