Supper 01 Jul 09

Lefty

Yank
Its raining again (we only had two full sunny days last month) So I am making some chicken vegetable soup and some garlic bread. I am a little on the lazy side so I may pick up a rotisserie chicken to save time.

homecook

Thanks for starting this early Lefty!!

It makes me think about it and take something out of the freezer early enough. lol

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
It's gonna be left over crock pot beef stew from last night - still cold here today - tomorrow it will be 25 degrees warmer....

homecook

Thanks for starting this early Lefty!!

It makes me think about it and take something out of the freezer early enough. lol

Ok, I took ground meat out of the freezer. I decided I'm going to make my Polish chili cuz the weather calls for it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i have no clue!! i want chili or stew!! i made them both last week and there weren't any leftovers!! which is a good and a bad thing!! always leaves me wanting another serving but saves me from playing the back of fridge blue fuzz game!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I took the boys out for lunch, so dinner will be a sausage sandwich

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm glad i made the pulled pork on monday, 'cause i got stuck until 2am at work last night, then had to be back in at 8 this morning. dw informed me that she needs to get to the gym tonight, so it'll be everything that i can do just to stay awake to take care of my boy. the ool should help.

soooo, tonight is pulled pork sammies, with butternut squash, corn and baked beans.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
my daughter wants to go to cici's buffet. it a long ride!! LOL i am thinking of going out but not that far out!!

suziquzie

DH requested spaghetti and meatballs.
I suppose the hamburger should make its way out of the freezer soon huh?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm planning to cook my Iron Chef contribution tonight. It's called :brows: Roadkill :brows:.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Its raining again (we only had two full sunny days last month) So I am making some chicken vegetable soup and some garlic bread. I am a little on the lazy side so I may pick up a rotisserie chicken to save time.
yeah we were in maine 3 days last week it rained everyday and got sunny when we left!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i'm not reading anything into that but it rained everyday AND i got poison ivy in maine. and stephen king didn't cross my path!!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Its Sharon's Birthday tomorrow, but we are both off tonight, so I made her a pretty good birthday dinner a day early.
For a small Appetizer- a small portabllo Pizza
Filet Mignon
King Crab legs/clarified butter
Carrots marrinated in Baltic vinegar, cooked with roasted Garlic.
Corn on the cob
Black Cherry ice Cream with cherries on the side for desert!
(Vera you inspire me)

Sharbddin.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
man, that looks good dan. how did you clarify the butter. melt and carefully pour off, or did you strain it in some way?

well, no rest for the wicked. i got home last night, and my neighbor was waiting for me to help him carry in and install a new, huge washing machine.

after that, i laid down for a half hour, skipping dw's dinner, then gave my boy his bath, watched "the simpson's" and "the wheel of fortune" and the yankees game, then had to go to an old friend's house about an hour away to go over some things about ozzy's memorial.

finally, dinner was extra spicy veggie chow ho fun, bbq spare ribs, and white rice from a chinese take-out at 11:30.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
man, that looks good dan. how did you clarify the butter. melt and carefully pour off, or did you strain it in some way?

well, no rest for the wicked. i got home last night, and my neighbor was waiting for me to help him carry in and install a new, huge washing machine.

after that, i laid down for a half hour, skipping dw's dinner, then gave my boy his bath, watched "the simpson's" and "the wheel of fortune" and the yankees game, then had to go to an old friend's house about an hour away to go over some things about ozzy's memorial.

finally, dinner was extra spicy veggie chow ho fun, bbq spare ribs, and white rice from a chinese take-out at 11:30.

bucky, you clarify it by placing in a bain marie (i don see why a glass measuring cup wouldn't work), then place in a water bath, over low, then ladle gently what rises. or simply microwave it. Chefs asked me to microwave it & it worked fne.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Its Sharon's Birthday tomorrow, but we are both off tonight, so I made her a pretty good birthday dinner a day early.
For a small Appetizer- a small portabllo Pizza
Filet Mignon
King Crab legs/clarified butter
Carrots marrinated in Baltic vinegar, cooked with roasted Garlic.
Corn on the cob
Black Cherry ice Cream with cherries on the side for desert!
(Vera you inspire me)

Sharbddin.jpg

Dan, that's such a nice thing to say! The meal looks fabulous, and I love the linen! You realize, of course, that women are entitled to 'birthday week'..not just birthday day..., right?
Nice job, my friend!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Dan, that's such a nice thing to say! The meal looks fabulous, and I love the linen! You realize, of course, that women are entitled to 'birthday week'..not just birthday day..., right?
Nice job, my friend!
Thanks for the Heads up Vera-
Sharon told me it was Birthday Month!
:harley: