Forget-Me-Nots

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've always been intrigued with this flower, but I've never grown it myself unitl this year, when I started a few seeds in a small pot, hanging over my sunflower barrel.

The shade of blue is indescribable! These pictures can't capture how beautiful the flowers are.

Or how much they mean to me.

Lee

Attachments

• Forget-me-nots 1.jpg
    Forget-me-nots 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,062
  • Forget-me-nots 2.JPG
    Forget-me-nots 2.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,037

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, those are gorgeous and look so delicate. I can barely grow a beard, so you guys that can grow plants and stuff amaze me. Beautiful!!

I also LOVE flowers that are truly "blue" (as opposed to bluish-purple), but haven't had much luck in the past with "Forget-Me-Nots" - both the annual & perennial types. Like Lobelias - another wonderful "true" blue flowering plant - FMN's don't seem to care much for summer's heat & humidity, regardless of how diligent one waters.

Yours are lovely - I'm envious!!!

homecook

They're a beautiful flower! I have them growing wild here.....sometimes in the middle of the yard. lol I just leave them....

Johnny West

My wife calls them weeds. I personally like them and even bought my mom an Forget Me Not English bone china tea cup, saucer, and plate back in the 60's which I have now. I had a neighbor I didn't care for and planted 3 packs of seeds around their house - they never figured it out.

Saliha

I love those little flowers. When they start to flower, it tells me that the summer has begun. They grow here as wild, every corner of my garden.

XYFitZZ.jpg

In my language their name is "lemmikki" = darling.