Do you like my buns?

thegrindre

Thought I'd share my burger buns. They came out great! Nice and fluffy inside with a great crumb.

Attachments

• burgerbuns.jpg
    burgerbuns.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 174

Shermie

Site Supporter
WOW!!

Dag, they DO look nice and I DO like them!!

Did you knead the dough by hand or did you use your mixer for them?

I like that racks you got them on!!!

thegrindre

Oh, gosh, no. I let my bread machine do all the hard work anymore. I just shape the dough after it comes out of the dough cycle, now.
Gee, I haven't kneaded bread in a long time.

Thanks. They are delicious, too. I like this recipe a lot.

Those racks come from Target. It's a set of three stackable with fold up swing out legs.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those look so perfect, Rick!

Beautiful job!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Oh, gosh, no. I let my bread machine do all the hard work anymore. I just shape the dough after it comes out of the dough cycle, now.
Gee, I haven't kneaded bread in a long time.

Thanks. They are delicious, too. I like this recipe a lot.

Those racks come from Target. It's a set of three stackable with fold up swing out legs.

You welcome!

I haven't used my bread machine in a while. i think that the yeast is now outdated, and if it is, it has to be thrown away. I got some racks similar to those that I got from BB&B, but I keep losing them!! They're around somewhere. :bonk:

thegrindre

First off, let me say that I use a bread machine to do all the mixing and raising of the dough.
This recipe has been slightly modified for that purpose.

Homemade Hamburger Buns

Makes about 10-12 hamburger buns, depending on size.

Ingredients:

1 egg beaten a bit
2 Tablespoons melted butter (See instructions)
1 1/4
teaspoons salt
Milk to equal 1-1/8 cups liquid total (plus a little additional if needed)
1-1/2 Tablespoons honey or 2 Tablespoons sugar
(See instructions)
3 cups Bread Flour (plus a little additional if needed)
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Instructions:

1. Add the beaten egg, the butter, the salt and the honey (If you're using honey) to a Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup then add the milk to equal 1-1/8 cups total.
Place the measuring cup in a sauce pan filled with water (Similar to a double boiler thing.) and heat these ingredients to NO more then 100 F. DO NOT cook that egg.
Now add this warmed concoction to your machine.
2. Add the flour, the sugar (If you're using sugar) and the yeast, then set your machine on the Dough Cycle.
3. When done, turn out on a floured surface, roll out to 1/2″ thick then cut out 3-1/2" to 4" circles using a large biscuit cutter or muffin rings. You can also cut them square if you wish.
(I divide the dough into 12 equal parts and create each bun separately.)
4. Place the bun circles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, cover then let rise again for about 45 minutes or until about doubled in size.
5. Bake at 375 F for about 13-15 minutes or until they reach a deep golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and immediately brush all sides of the hot buns with butter then move to a wire rack for final cooling.
(This will net you very soft, store bought type buns.)

NOTES:
A. You may need to add a little more milk or flour to get a firm dough ball. This is not a sticky wet dough recipe.
B. I do the final raise in my oven with the light on and don't pre-heat it. When done, I simply turn the oven to 375 F to get a little extra 'oven spring' to the buns.
C. If your bread maker calls for dry ingredients first, then by all means, do it that way.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Nice!!

I copied and pasted the recipe to Microsoft Word Pad, sent it to my printer, put it in a laminating pouch and ran it through the laminating machine so that it won't curl up or get wet!! :eating2:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice buns, grindre! I'm glad to see that you like to take pic's. I love seeing the final product.

thegrindre

Thanks, guys.
Someone said, "A picture is worth a thousands words."
Gotta agree. I like pictures, too.
:)

I want to change from 3 cups bread flour to 2-1/2 cups bread flour plus 1/2 cup whole wheat.
I'll do that next time.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thought I'd share my burger buns. They came out great! Nice and fluffy inside with a great crumb.
They look great. I saved the recipe along with the whole wheat note you made.

Love the racks. Do you bake on them or just serve on they?

I looked on the Target website and can't find the racks. :sad:

Last edited:

thegrindre

They are cooling racks, three tiers high for cookies and stuff. I bought mine years ago.
Bed, Bath and Beyond has them.

Attachments

• coolracks.jpg
    coolracks.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited: