Arancini de Riso - Stuffed Risotto Balls

PanchoHambre

a great way to use up leftover risotto

fry some bacon in a heavy bottom skillet

while bacon is frying set up three dishes with flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs

IMG_20120122_170448.jpg

chop crispy bacon into bits, reserve half, leave residual bacon grease in pan

form balls of rice in the palm of your hand filling with bacon bits and cheese (can be creative with filling or use other leftovers, using the cheese you used for the risotto works well if using veggies like peas pre cook)

IMG_20120122_173248.jpg

form all of the balls and place on a greased plate or board

IMG_20120122_174257.jpg

roll the balls one by one in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on another greased plate

IMG_20120122_175048.jpg

heat pan with bacon fat and add olive oil as needed and brown balls under medium heat until golden

IMG_20120122_201909.jpg

remove from heat

IMG_20120122_202623-1.jpg

serve immediately

I like to serve them with a salad and tangy balsamic vinaigrette (the fresh salad and tangy dressing sets off the richness of the arancini nicely this time with blood organges, red onion and avocado. Top salad with remaining bacon bits. a light red like a pino noir or a crisp white savignion blanc or pino grigio goes well too.

IMG_20120123_204926.jpg

the arancini should be crispy and hot on the outside and melty and rich in the middle

IMG_20120123_205208.jpg

I am not really good at dainty or pretty but you could definitely dress these up and made them look as good as they taste

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I absolutely LOVE arancini!! But have never tried to make them!

You did a terrific job, Pancho! That last shot looks luscious!

Lee

PanchoHambre

thanks Q risotto is one of my favorite things to make because you can be really creative with it and you get the second meal of arancini out of the deal. They're super easy just have to get your hands a bit sticky/floury cant really mess em up though, cheese is forgiving like that