papaya

Angie

I just found out my potassium levels are critically low. I need to eat more potassium rich foods. I saw that papayas are very high in potassium. I've never had it before. What's it taste like and how do you eat them?????

Thanks!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I love papaya. It is a tree fruit but you eat it as you would a melon. Chop it up into a fruit salad. Eat it on it's own - cut into half, remove the seeds, squeeze some lemon juice over and tuck in - delicious.

We used to eat something similar in Africa called pawpaw. Both are really great fresh fruits.

sirena

Papaya is delicious. It's probably my favorite melon. It has the texture of say, a ripe peach. Great on it's own like melon, or in a fruit salad. Add bananas, which are also high in potassium, to your fruit salad. Lime juice is also fabulous on papaya.

sirena

No, just the flesh. Like cantaloupe or avocado. You'll see when you buy one. Make sure it's ripe. Ask the produce manager to help you chose one if you're not sure.

phreak

I have 3 papaya trees that should fruit next season and I can't wait. Papaya is also a natural meat tenderizer. But be careful it will make mush out of a steak if too much is used and for too long. Try a little papaya juice or mashed up fruit as the "sweet" ingredient in a meat marinade when you want fast tenderizing results, you won't be disappointed.

recipes4me

"i have a papaya tree in my place they are very useful to me, i can eat them even they are not ripe or even they are green. So many ways to eat papaya you can eat them with rice or make it as a soup, you can eat them also for dessert they are very flexible to eat and very healthy.." recipes4me