What's cooking NCT Sunday 8/20/2017 to Saturday 8/26/2017?

Dados1950

Last night.."One pot skinny chicken,bacon pasta alfredo"

"Skinny" 'cause no cream,butter or oil.....base of sauce is 2% low fat milk.

Surprisingly, very tasty...(didn't skimp on the grated fresh parmesan cheese) and all cooked in one pot !

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night.."One pot skinny chicken,bacon pasta alfredo"

"Skinny" 'cause no cream,butter or oil.....base of sauce is 2% low fat milk.

Surprisingly, very tasty...(didn't skimp on the grated fresh parmesan cheese) and all cooked in one pot !

I love one-pot meals, Dados! Would you post your recipe in the chicken forum when you have the chance, please??

Lee

Dados1950

Lee:

Not my own recipe.

I don't want to get in trouble for violating copyrights so go to a blog titled "Café Delites" and search
Skinny One Pot Chicken Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo
Hope this helps...I'm sure you'll enjoy.
I was led to that recipe and site from another blog..."Foodie Crush"..lots more one pot recipes.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well DD decided she wanted Chinese take out. So hub and I split a pint of roast pork and Chinese veggies in white sauce.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Turned out, we didn't try the cauliflower; that was moved to tomorrow night ...

So, Cooksie, whatever you learn, pass it on ! ...?:applause:

Not much since I changed my mind. I ended up making a sauce with butter, garlic, half and half, dijon, and parmesan and put it over steamed cauliflower. It was good.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Crockpot ribs tonight .............. One Fat rabbit tomorrow..........

Pics at Eleven ...

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I did Ina Garten's beef bourguignon last night - have to say, it's the only of her stuff to-date that has underwhelmed us . . .

DW did not care for the thyme seasoning; I was trying to figure out 'why the bacon?' - edible but not super.

got that one (almost) wrong . . . did the leftovers last night, on rice.
this is now on my keeper list as a two day prep dish - the "leftovers" were quite delicious.
one hears about time to meld flavors, etc. - this dish is a prime example - the change with time is quite remarkable.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
got that one (almost) wrong . . . did the leftovers last night, on rice.
this is now on my keeper list as a two day prep dish - the "leftovers" were quite delicious.
one hears about time to meld flavors, etc. - this dish is a prime example - the change with time is quite remarkable.
I felt the same way about chili I made with cocoa powder in it. The first day it tasted kind of strange. BUT the next day WOW was it good. Even my DD who doesn't really like chili had seconds of leftovers no less!! it became a mole' of sorts.

Johnny West

Salad, most likely.

Weight is coming off slower than hoped for.

It takes time. This whole30 program started out fast but then slowed down. I need to cut back on portion size. I've lost 20 pounds and it's slowed for me, as well. You'll get there.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peach Balsamic Chicken, steamed baby spinach and Farro Salad. It was a first run of the Peach Balsamic Chicken and the Farro Salad.

The Farro salad was really good. I picked up the Farro at Trader Joe's awhile ago and thought it would go good with this chicken dish.

The Peach Balsamic Chicken was a recipe card my DD got from work. It needs some tweaking. It called for fire roasted tomatoes which overpowered the other ingredients. I have a few ideas to rework this recipe. We may try it again next week.

peach_balsamic_chicken_farro_082617_P1100196 .JPG

farro_tomato_herb_salad_082617_P1100193.jpg