Easy but great rolls

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I suppose many will calll this cheating, but I learned it from my wife who got it from her grandma, so I think it's okay.
Have you ever bought those frozen loafs of bread dough. We will spray one with pam and put it in the fridge overnight. Get it out in the morning and let it sit out an hour or two, until it is soft.
Knead the dough into rolls, and put them in a roll pan. Let them rise and then bake. Gets 4 stars from me. :D

chowhound

I think those frozen loaves is what my sister used to use to make stromboli. She would roll it out thin.

Thanks for the idea on the rolls. I like fresh bread, but my kitchen is so small it always turns into too much of a chore, what with all that flour. I can go up on a roof with a bucket of black joe and a trowel and you wouldn't know what I had been doing, but when it comes to flour.... :lol:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We make butts (2 piece) or 3 tier rolls. Works well.
We spray the roll pan with Pam before putting the rolls in, and spray the rolls once in the pan. Might be overkill but it works well. Then we cover and let them raise for 4 hours or so.
I 'think' my wife bakes them at 350 for 10 or 12 minutes. So good and fresh.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Do you ever make your own dough from scratch? It's really pretty easy. Check out my white bread recipe on my site. I use it to make sandwich rolls, hot dog buns and dinner rolls. My Italian recipe is used for hoagie rolls and kaiser rolls as well as the Italian free form loaves.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Quick question for you Joe and welcome. I looked at your recipe site and saved it to my favorite but is the following a miss print on your white bread recipe?

Bake at 4008 F for 12-14 minutes or until 2008 F.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Quick question for you Joe and welcome. I looked at your recipe site and saved it to my favorite but is the following a miss print on your white bread recipe?

Bake at 4008 F for 12-14 minutes or until 2008 F.

LMAO. I thought I had that fixed. it's a symbol conversion screw-up from converting Word docs to HTML. I'm on it right now....

It's fixed! Let me know if you find any other errors.

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Had me thinking you must have a hell of an oven. :D Yes that fixed it and thanks.

lilylove

I can't/won't do yeast...it HATES me. lol... so those frozen doughs are great for me.

I hear that they make great cinnamon rolls but I haven't tried that yet. Has anyone else?