Shanahan's Creole/Irish Restaurant/Bar - Forest Park IL

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I took the wife here for her birthday, and while definitely an expensive place to go and therefore reserved for special occasions, it was also well worth it. It is located in Forest Park, IL.

The one drawback is the waitstaff seemed overwhelmed and it did take awhile to get her attention and order. Once we got past that it was a great experience with great food and drinks.

The plantation fruit punch just about knocked the wife off her feet but it sure was tasty too. For an appetizer we had Lobster Fondu which was actually served in a bowl on top of a bed of spinach, which was then surrounded by sliced grilled baguettes. It also had shrimp and crawfish tails in it, very very good stuff. For soup we tried the lobster bisque, also very good but a touch salty for me.

Then came the main course, she had the crawfish and Andouille sausage Etoufee, huge portion and very very good. I had the King Rex 12oz sirloin steak which had crawfish tails on top smothered in a red pepper jalapeno hollandaise sauce, also very very good!

For dessert she had a southern pecan pie which had the pecans chopped up in it instead of floating on top, it was pretty good. The real treat was the bread pudding with whiskey sauce that I ordered. I am not usually a big fan of bread pudding but this was great tasting and disappeared very quickly!

All in all a good place to go for special occasions, or if you want just sit at the bar, drink, and watch sports on the flat screen TV's. Cool atmosphere but a bit cramped.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Shanahan's Creole/Irish Restaurant/Bar

What? You didn't take your camera to the restaurant, like the rest of us do, Mav?

Happy Birthday to your DW!

Lee

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Re: Shanahan's Creole/Irish Restaurant/Bar

Umm... oppps! LOL the wife still has the camera cause she uses it for her business. I have actually started to taking pictures with my BlackBerry but didn't even think to take pictures!
For shame on me LOL.