What's cooking NCT Sunday 8/26/12 - Saturday 9/1/12?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well I have cheeseburgers planned and I still need to decide if anything else will go with.

DanMcG

I got a couple small pastrami's going on the smoker this afternoon, if they finish up early enough it will be pastrami on rye with thousand island dressing, or bratwurst. either one is ok with me

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I got a couple small pastrami's going on the smoker this afternoon, if they finish up early enough it will be pastrami on rye with thousand island dressing, or bratwurst. either one is ok with me

I haven't had pastrami in ages.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sunday 8/26/12
Burger with cheese, pickle, fried onions and ketchup on a poppy seed roll

082612_cheeseburger_P1090551.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Making linguini w/chopped clams, shrimp & prosciutto w/ a garlic white wine sauce. Will post a pic after it's made :)

Embryodad

Had a great time and food for Tina's Birthday second celebration.

DIL and Daughter did a great job.

DIL cooked the sausage and peppers and fries and corn dogs.

7163f7f0.jpg

ceb3c84f.jpg

d0ca5d46.jpg

DD made Zeppoli's... and Cup Cakes in Ice Cream Cones. Yummy!

d0748c68.jpg

1dc6310a.jpg

0984b805.jpg

Pretzels Too!!!!.....
261e1638.jpg

e3805e35.jpg

The Star Birthday Girl was in Bed with her injury. We took good care of her, and she enjoyed just having the kids over and having a good time.

Embryodad

Everyone's meals sound great!

Burger looks mighty tempting peep.
I love poppy seeded rolls and fillings, but I can't have them. Diverticulitus! Grrr
Sometimes I give in and cheat, but it's like Russian Roulette. All it takes is one stuck seed.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy.

Your meal looks wonderful also.

No powdered sugar on the zeppoles? LOL

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy.

Your meal looks wonderful also.

No powdered sugar on the zeppoles? LOL
Thank You.

No....No powdered sugar. I asked for it, and DD was in the middle of frying them, and said there's the powdered sugar, and grab and fill a shaker... Nope! Didn't want to take the time to fill the little sugar shaker we got from Cracker barrel. hahahahaha

Another way we Calabrese hard heads make the Zeppole...is we place a anchiove inside, and fry them. No sugar on them....just plain!
i love them like that.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank You.

No....No powdered sugar. I asked for it, and DD was in the middle of frying them, and said there's the powdered sugar, and grab and fill a shaker... Nope! Didn't want to take the time to fill the little sugar shaker we got from Cracker barrel. hahahahaha

Another way we Calabrese hard heads make the Zeppole...is we place a anchiove inside, and fry them. No sugar on them....just plain!
i love them like that.
No stinking shaker needed. Throw them in a brow paper bag with the powdered suger in it, close bag, roll it down then shake the heck out of the bag, wait for the cloud to settle and dig in!! :biggrin:

Embryodad

No stinking shaker needed. Throw them in a brow paper bag with the powdered suger in it, close bag, roll it down then shake the heck out of the bag, wait for the cloud to settle and dig in!! :biggrin:
Thats how DD did the plain sugar and the cinnamon and sugar ones.

I like the powdered ones, but just a tad of sugar and on the top only.

No one jumped to get the anchioves either....gee I wonder why?

Embryodad

I have a yearning for Pork Steaks Braised with onions and potatoes, but Tina...the best Pork Cookin Girl this side of the street is in bed....WaiT!!!!

I know..... I will set up the electric skillet in the Bedroom on the TV Tray, and she could cook the pork steaks for us.
I knew that darn bedroom would be useful some way other than that other "Porkin Around" like in the good ole younger day's!

I could put the window fan there too; so this way the bedroom won't smell like a pig roast was held there!.....

ps: I'm being serious, and all I have to do is drop a mention to Tina and see if she thinks that's a good idea. It's worth a shot. Eh??

I say,"It's always fun to do things in different parts of the house!" If Y'all know what I mean?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Had a great time and food for Tina's Birthday second celebration.

Love your family's themed birthday parties...creative genius right down the movie tickets and the little box of Sugar Daddy candy in the bouquet! Your son's sports theme party was cool too.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had oven baked baby back ribs and potato salad last night, so tonight will be more of the same.

Embryodad

Love your family's themed birthday parties...creative genius right down the movie tickets and the little box of Sugar Daddy candy in the bouquet! Your son's sports theme party was cool too.
Thanks cooksie.

I'll really compliment and give credit to the Girls..DD and DIL. I will tell them.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice looking burger Peepers!

What a wonderful party for Tina! The food really looks amazing! Hopefully Tina will heal quickly Jimmy. Sending prayers her way!

I think ribs are going to be on the menu this weekend here.

I think it's going to be shrimp alfredo tonight.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, you and Tina have a talented family. I know that you both know how blessed you are. Pork steaks are one of my favorite meals. I use them for stir fry, pork stew and I bread them then pan fry them in oil. They are the most flavorful part of the piggy, IMHO.

We worked all weekend cooking for other people, so tonight was leftovers & baguettes from Saturday & a spinach salad with goodies on it.

Dinner082712.jpg

Dinner082712-1.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
LT, you gave me an idea for another meal this week. It's been a long time since we had a meatloaf, and yours is mouth watering. Oh, I see I'm not the only one who puts his corn on the mashed taters...yummo!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Now I want meatloaf :lol:

I can't believe you had those leftovers Joe.....it's a wonder someone didn't ask to take them home with them.

I like to mix my peas in my mashed potatoes :smile:

I made a shrimp and broccoli alfredo tonight.

Attachments

• dinner08272012.jpg
    dinner08272012.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 334

Embryodad

Jimmy, you and Tina have a talented family. I know that you both know how blessed you are. Pork steaks are one of my favorite meals. I use them for stir fry, pork stew and I bread them then pan fry them in oil. They are the most flavorful part of the piggy, IMHO.

We worked all weekend cooking for other people, so tonight was leftovers & baguettes from Saturday & a spinach salad with goodies on it.

Dinner082712.jpg

Dinner082712-1.jpg
THANK YOU Joe for the kind words.

Yes we are blessed with family closeness. Thank God!

The ziti looks great. I'm eyeing up those meatballs too!.. Pork steaks rule in my book too!

Embryodad

Now I want meatloaf :lol:

I can't believe you had those leftovers Joe.....it's a wonder someone didn't ask to take them home with them.

I like to mix my peas in my mashed potatoes :smile:

I made a shrimp and broccoli alfredo tonight.
Looks Great Mama.....

I want meatloaf too...and then after seeing the shrimp, I want that too!

Embryodad

OK... the meal of the day was Grilled Cheese and Tomato!

I made Rice Pudding for Dessert!

What a pain in the butt stiring and stiring till it thickens!!
Mighty good though...I Hope!

One grilled cheese just didn't cut it. I'm hungry again, and I had two cupcakes for dessert. LOL

I'm gonna taste / eat some rice pudding now to see if I can get rid of the wishies for food. Darn!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've got the box and tote packed for work.
2 chicken thighs, leftover rice and carrots and iced tea.
Hopefully this will be a going - out - for- fast food -free- week..
Chinese doesn't count, however..:biggrin:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I took all the chicken bones I've been saving out of the freezer this morning and have been making a stock from them. When it reduces sufficiently, I'll use the stock in place of water to make a Croation Chicken Rizot.