K-Aid Flex Edge Beater.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Has anyone seem this item yet?

K-Aid has finally introduced its own beater blade - the K-Aid Flex Edge Beater (pictured below)!

It helps eliminate bowl scraping during regular mixing jobs. It looks just like the regular flat beater, except that it has a silicone or rubber bowl scraping blade attached to one side of it.

At present, it is only availible for use with the K-Aid tilt-head mixers. I might get one to see how it measures up against the Beater Blade. :idea:

Attachments

• K-Aid Flex Edge Beater..jpg
    K-Aid Flex Edge Beater..jpg
    11 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
KitchenAid has been telling us for years that the warranty will be voided if you use a Beater Blade or SideSwipe. (Let's not argue over whether it's enforceable - that's just what they've said).

So now they come out with one of their own??? And theirs lists for $39.95, but the Beater Blade lists for $24.95. Hmmmmm............

I'll stick with my BeaterBlade.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I saw the K-Aid Flex Edge Beater at BB&B. It's $29.95 there, I think.

Both of my K-Aid stand mixers are out of warranty, BTW.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had K-Aid introduced this beater before the Beater Blade came out, they more than likely would have gotten a lot of customers from it.

Guess that they saw how popular the Beater Blade has become, and then they decided to make their own version of it.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Where have I been? I didn't know about this, but I'm ordering a Beaterblade NOW, so that it will be at my sister's house when I am there visiting in a few weeks. My KA is WAY past warranty - it's almost 25 years' old and still works great.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Where have I been? I didn't know about this, but I'm ordering a Beaterblade NOW, so that it will be at my sister's house when I am there visiting in a few weeks. My KA is WAY past warranty - it's almost 25 years' old and still works great.

My now vintage K-45SS is also approahing its 25th year of reliable performance. And it is STILL going as strong as ever!! :bbq3:

Guts

I bought this years ago when they first came out but I have never, ever used it. Like mama said perfectly happy with my beater blade. I think they may serve a purpose and may be useful with some things but I just haven't found a need for one yet. I also have the Kitchen-aid ice cream bowl and mixer that I've never used might have to break that out this summer, and give it a try.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 223
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 225

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Guts, what you have in that package is exactly what we're all talking about. That's the Beater Blade. And we all LOVE them! You really should try yours out. Use it instead of the paddle attachment that came with the mixer.

It scrapes the bowl as it beats, so you don't have to keep stopping to scrape it down. And it really speeds up the mixing time. It's so thorough that it reduces the time by 1/3 to 1/2.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yep Guts...SS is right...you really need to try it, I never use the blade that came with the mixer anymore.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The only beaters that I use that came with the machines are the wire whips and the dough hooks.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hmmmm..... mine's 1983.

Where's LeoLady? I'll bet she has at least one or two older than any of ours!

Actually, I was speaking of the Beater Blade.
But yes, she has stand mixers that are way older than ours, and according to her, they ALL work very well! :piesmiley1:

Last edited:

Guts

I was thinking about doing an apricot Brandy pound cake and making it with a chocolate swirl, maybe I'll try it then. I need to go to the store and get some more sour cream, among other things. speaking of Kitchen Aid and dough hooks. I have the J style on my six quart professional Kitchen Aid mixer, and I wish I could put a spiral dough hook on it. I contacted KitchenAid about this and they do not make a spiral look for my machine. The newer 6 quart machines have the spiral hook. With the spiral hook the dough is not as likely to climb up the hook as it does with the J style dough hook. I wonder what type of mixer Joe uses? He makes a lot of bread. I give the Kitchen Aid mixer a seven on a 1 to 10 basis. The newer ones have a better gear system which don't break as often when doing those tough jobs such as making semolina pasta. The hydration is so low it's really hard on the machine. That's just my experience and my opinion about the Kitchen Aid mixer.

I have left the beater in the mixer bowl with the other flat bar beater to remind me to try out. I will report back on what I think of it later this week.

leolady

I'mmmmmmmmmmmmm BACK!

And I never bought one of these beater blades for ANY of my mixers!

I use my Model G mixers almost exclusively and they have larger beaters that get to the bottom and sides of the bowl better than the others [K5SS and K5As]. Therefore I don't do all the scraping down that others do.

My cousin Jeff, who I bought a K5SS for last fall wants to buy one though.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'mmmmmmmmmmmmm BACK!

And I never bought one of these beater blades for ANY of my mixers!

I use my Model G mixers almost exclusively and they have larger beaters that get to the bottom and sides of the bowl better than the others [K5SS and K5As]. Therefore I don't do all the scraping down that others do.

My cousin Jeff, who I bought a K5SS for last fall wants to buy one though.
I have the K5SS 5 QT bowl lift model and the beater dosen't do a great job and I need to scrap often.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Since getting the Beater Blade for moth machines, I stopped using the regular paddle.

The Beater blade gets up close and personal, scraping the sides of the work bowl, all the way down to the dimple, for a more complete uniform mixing job.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Here's an example of how it works. This is from the peanut butter pound cake that I made a while back.

Attachments

• beaterblade.jpg
    beaterblade.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 302

leolady

Sorry, I was responding to leolady.

No I don't have the beater blade. I have the flat paddle blade that came with the machine.

Which is one of the many reasons I use my old Model G mixers more than any other. :a1:

And it is funny cause they both use the same bowl that is on a K5SS, but the beaters are longer and wider than those on the K5SS. The larger size of the Model G beaters enables them to mix down to the bottom and on the sides of the bowl. I often wondered why Hobart made the K5SS paddles smaller than the Model G. They are certainly not as efficient.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Since getting the Beater Blade for moth machines, I stopped using the regular paddle.

The Beater blade gets up close and personal, scraping the sides of the work bowl, all the way down to the dimple, for a more complete uniform mixing job.

Meant to say BOTH machines.

K-Aid says that their Flex Edge Beater is a metal one like the regular flat beater that comes with their machines. :bonk:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Couldn't resist it any more.

Had to get it. Curiosity is killing the cat!

Saw the K'Aid Flex Edge Beaters at Target yesterday and decided to get one. it was $3 off, marked down to about $25.

I'm going to givfe it a whirl the next time I make some cake batter, to see how well it does.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You'll love it Shermie. I never use my regular flat blade anymore....it's so nice not having to scrape the sides of the bowl anymore.