The Easter Thread.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Ok, guys & gals, Easter is this coming Sunday.

What are you planning to have on this special day? I was going to cook, but I've been invited out for dinner.

Not missing this golden opportunity to be with friends and have a good ole' time!! :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, for the second year in a row now, I'm going to order Chinese food with my friend, who gives up Chinese food every Lent. :yum:

But I will color HB eggs and have kielbasa, horseradish and rye bread sometime next week.

Lee

Saliha

Our traditional food here is a roast lamb. My family always ask me to make it. It´s still in the freezer but I will take it away tomorrow, then it will have enough time to melt. After that, I need to marinate it with olive oil, lemon juice and herbs.

A curd cheese cake is famous too (its actually sweet buns with sweet curd filling). Also I am planning to make a chocolate cake. My mom asked me not to make it "too sweet" so propably it will be super sweet with a lot of chocolate. And some coffee flavours too.

Right now I am making the root of the Finnish rye bread and it will be ready at the weekend. It means we also will have homemade rye bread.

:WitchBrewsSmiley:

And chocolate eggs. A lot of them.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Good Friday

Homemade Caesar Salad (with anchovies)
Homemade Creamy Clam Chowder (AKA New England Clam Chowder)
French Baguette
Trident Brand 10 Grain breaded Alaskan Cod*
Steak Fries
Edward's Pies - Turtle Pie and Hershey's Special Dark Cream Pie

Easter

My mom's Italian Easter Meat pie (Pizzagaina) (I make it with top and bottom pastry crust not the bread crust)
Colored eggs
Stuffed mushrooms
Eye Round Roast
Burgundy pan gravy
Mashed Potatoes (chives & sour cream)
Green Bean Salad
Homemade Cheesecake

*I have never had this before but DD wanted to try it. The breading includes Ancients grains - whole grain flour blend (amaranth, quinoa, millet, sorghum, teff), yellow corn flour, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, rice flour, rye flour, whole grain oat flour, buttermilk, whole grain corn flour, pumpkin seeds, whole grain rolled oats.

Last edited: