Sopressata 2013

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW managed to stuff all the Sopressata that I mixed up yesterday. Now it needs to hang in the attic for 30-60 days.

Here's my birthday present from the family back in October, and it's finally getting a workout. I ground 14# (trimmed weight) of pork butts in nothing flat with this baby. It's rated at 170# per hour

DSC_0001.jpg

Here's the 15# hanging wt. of "SuperSot" ready for "the hook!" Each is tagged with description, today's date and the hanging weight of each unit.

IMG_1182.jpg

They're in the attic for the next 30-60 days where they will lose about 30% of their weight while they dry. Cardboard under them so whatever drips off doesn't remain in the attic. This is my garage attic and has good ventilation with 40' of lanced soffit and a ridge vent so the air moves throughout.

IMG_1185.jpg

I'll be back in early February with an update on the weight loss. I have one sausage that came out exactly 1#, so that will be the benchmark.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Soressata 2013

Sounds good. I was thinking about the possibility of freezing.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Very nice setup Joe. :tiphat:

Should be interesting seeing how much they lose.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

OMG, Joe!

What a fantastic machine and beautiful job you did!

Sopresseta is one of my all-time favorite sausages!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

WOW! You are so blessed to have that machine & an area for drying :) Can't WAIT to see how they turn out! I'm so excited for you!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Today I pulled the sausage from the attic and it's time to vacuum seal it and put in the freezer to enjoy until it's time to make more in January 2014. It came out very good, in spite of losing over half of its weight.

DroedSopressata022513_zps908bf979.jpg

DriedSopressata022513-1_zpse4742099.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

As usual when I look at your photos, my mouth is watering!

Spectacular, Joe!

Lee