What's cooking NCT? 01.14-16.2016

Johnny West

We've been falling short here.

Tonight I'll grill a couple of chuck steaks and make a tinned potato. I'm hungry for some iceberg lettuce with ranch, too. I'll open a good bottle of red, as well.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Johnny West

I'll make some brockles in a bit then.

I like zin especially knowing they were the premier grape from the early California wine industry. I like Old Vines zin.

I'm not sure what I'll pick out just yet. Lee, I've got close to 1000 bottles in the garage. My garage is cool year around and have not lost a bottle to it going bad, except for the occassion beaujolais I've forgotten about. It does make a good vinegar and oil salade dressing, though.

Let me go out and pick something....

Johnny West

I'll make a half batch of brockles just for tonight.

Okay, I picked out a 2002 Sagelands Cabernet Sauvignon from their Pepperridge Vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley. It was a wine club bottle and there will be no more but it should be consumed. Tonight will be a good time with the cheap steaks. lol A few years ago Sagelands sold their Yakima winery and moved operations to Walla Walla. One of these days I want to do a weekend road trip to Walla Walla and hit a few of the nicer wineries.

I love pinot noir, cab franc, cabernet sauvignon, maritage, and champagne, not necessarily in that order; rose, too.

The old Sagelands winery is making a variety of bubblies but am not too fond of their products. I'd rather have a bottle of Cook's.

FullSizeRender%202_21.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Littlechef

Our dinner will be scrimp scampi over linguine, sautéed escarole and garlic bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny West

I did the tin potato which was execllent and the club steak was a bit on the tough side but the eye was tender enough.

FullSizeRender_36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This was salted with coarse sea salt and then fresh ground black pepper and grilled over mesquite charcoal chunks.

FullSizeRender%204_11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And the wine...

FullSizeRender_37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning on making beef stroganoff over mini Yorkshire puddings with steamed baby spinach and Swedish meatballs over egg noodles with steamed carrots. Not sure which I am making today but the other will be tomorrow.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Peep, would love to see photos of the stroganoff over mini Yorkshire puddings!

Lee

P.S. Johnny, that steak LOOKED incredible!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep, would love to see photos of the stroganoff over mini Yorkshire puddings!

Lee

P.S. Johnny, that steak LOOKED incredible!
I'll try to get a pic. DD got me little mini "Dutch oven"/servers for Christmas. Check out Peeps odds and ends thread. I posted a pic of them.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'll try to get a pic. DD got me little mini "Dutch oven"/servers for Christmas. Check out Peeps odds and ends thread. I posted a pic of them.

I made the stroganoff last night but DD wanted egg noodles instead of the puddings. Tonight may be meatloaf instead of the meatballs.