What's Cooking NCT Sun.2/16 to Sat 2/22/2014

Embryodad

Today...shamefully, was a day of food gluttony!

It started with breakfast with French Toast...

Then...I had the Halupki's that were frozen but not cooked, in the pot with the tomatoes and sauce and seasonings with sliced thin carrots to sweeten the tomatoes. They were cooking slow and low for 4 hours. Had fresh Potato salad I made, and coleslaw too! KFC Copycat Recipe. Good.

In the mean time...lunch was fried in butter leftover mac and cheese. Golden crispy and sinfully delicious. I just kept digging it out of the fry pan with my fingers and ate it like peanut brittle or caramel popcorn.

There is a baking dish in the oven with lasagna for tomorrows supper.
Uhh!! I'll bet there will be some sampling later tonight!!

Embryodad

OK! The lasagna I made last night, and as you can see...it was sampled before bed time.
One thing I did differently, was I diced sliced pepperoni and added some of that with the cheese filling. I also alternated ( between every other layer of flat noodles) Plumb sliced tomatoes from the can. The rest was sauce that Tina made that we had a few days ago!

We had that today for supper, and then Tina put a pizza together.
icon_smile.gif
940422454.gif
2825942945.gif

I only had 3 cuts. It was awesome too!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Leftover boneless ribs, Spanish rice and steamed cauliflower & broccoli tossed in buttered bread crumbs with Italian herbs.

Attachments

• Dinner 021814.jpg
    Dinner 021814.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 134

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
4 cheese ravioli. then a nap. drank an organic vanilla milk- (those straws that u hafta use w/ them tick me off)- later i made a decent florentine soup. followed by boom chika pop in caramel & cheese. now is due time 4 an adult beverage, & a nap seems sweeeet! damn. i'm gettin' old. 'nite!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sweet & Sour Pork over white rice with steamed fresh green beans.

Attachments

• Dinner 021914.jpg
    Dinner 021914.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 360

Embryodad

I'm burping them now, but I had two chili cheese dogs. Loaded with minced onions...no pic of them because they look the same as the usual older pics.

I did mess up the focus on the dessert Tina made....

Rice Pudding... browned and adds a crust in the broiler.

and on the right... Old world Bars with Apricots. Sweeeeeet! Phew! Really sweet! Good though!
icon_surprised.gif

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
over recent daze i have made pasta & soup, dined on veggies, snacked on sour candy, PB cookies, popcorn, & glazed almonds (none too fond of those almonds). my cat took 4 of those cookies.
cheese monger gave us 'shroom brie to test- oh, so yummy.

tonite- i'm uncertain. hm~

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple with my favorite side, steamed broccoli and squash:

TeriyakiChicken.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm burping them now, but I had two chili cheese dogs. Loaded with minced onions...no pic of them because they look the same as the usual older pics.

I did mess up the focus on the dessert Tina made....

Rice Pudding... browned and adds a crust in the broiler.

and on the right... Old world Bars with Apricots. Sweeeeeet! Phew! Really sweet! Good though!
icon_surprised.gif

https://imageshack.com/i/nstu3cj

It looks like Tina is making sure that you have plenty of fuel for shoveling all that snow y'all have :mrgreen:.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Our dinners have been:

Cheese raviolis (Star brand) - 2X
Chili (made with Chili-O mix added) - 2X
Roast eye round (and burgundy gravy)
I had steamed fresh baby spinach and sliced Cabot's cheddar cheese on the side for dinner last night.

Tonight I have stuffed peppers planned.

Embryodad

Yesterday (Friday),Tina was in South Jersey to supply her uncle with food and dinners and his medications etc.
I had Her wish for meatballs in tomato sauce; all done. I also made her Chicken soup and I added Matzo-Beef meatballs. I just got a crazy idea to mix the ground beef, with Matzo Meal. They were good.

For dessert, I made 4 cans of Banana Bread in 16 oz. tin cans. We both love banana bread.

Here is a pic of the soup. Carrots / celery / onions / garlic / and soup base. I added meatballs to the soup.

My Daughter when she was a little sxxt, used to run around the house singing the Progresso song,"Chick Chick Chickarina S O U P ! and walking and strutting like a darn chicken..... that meant Daddy had to make her soup with little meatballs in it! LOL

This soup really hit the spot!

g3xq.jpg

Embryodad

It was one of those Eat All Day kind of day's.

Breakfast, I had a egg / bacon / cheese on a sandwich size English muffin.

3 hours later....I had a Philly Cheese steak wit onions and peppers and provalone cheese.

Tina had home fries that I made her. She had some kind of microwave cake like a lava cake.

For supper, I made her a Philly Cheese steak.

I had a fried onion and egg sandwich on fresh rye bread that I fried in butter.
OMG...the onions were soft and soooo sweet.

For snack tonight...there is a fried egg with onions and green peppers browned and with a slice of provalone cheese melted on top. I will have that later.

Tomorrow...we take DD Maria for her 36th BDay to Fujiyama Japanese Steak house Hibachi Grill.
There will be 10 of us. $400.00 shot in the Axx. That's ok though! Thats dads little girl!

We will come home to have the cake and give her her gifts. The biggest (well, most interesting) will be the ShopRite "Scrunchy" ( Teddy Bear) that I found like new on Ebay.
It was the store mascot sort of!... I know she will really like that!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I also made her Chicken soup and I added Matzo-Beef meatballs. I just got a crazy idea to mix the ground beef, with Matzo Meal. They were good.

Sometimes it's those crazy ideas that turn out to be real winners. Nice soup :readytoeat:. I love to experiment :cooking:.