20140106_223643_zpsh0ywjdmz.jpg

Embryodad

Cold for most of the continental US right now anyway

time to bake some bread and make some soup for me

turkey/veg soup made from home made stock and no knead bread

d2854051-bf32-4784-98fb-421448ad73ae_zps1c2c84b5.jpg

20140106_223643_zpsh0ywjdmz.jpg
Looks great Pancho...
I like the carrots and celery the way you made it. Spoon size! I make mine like that. DW doesn't. She likes the carrots big, and the celery whole or cut in half and the onion whole. She throws all that out, and only saves the carrots.
You would laugh at her and the kids trying to chop the carrots to fit on the spoon, and the soup splashing and spilling all over the table. LOL

So I say to her,"What the heck is that?" "Carrot Soup?"

Embryodad

I was gonna have soup, Chicken soup I made.
Stomach was wooshy washy....so I made and egg omelet with mushrooms tomatoes and cheese. I held off on the onions. Love em, but don't want to chance more tummy turning. Oh Well. There is always tomorrow. Hopefully!

DW had Tastycake Krimpets for supper...

PanchoHambre

Looks great Pancho...
I like the carrots and celery the way you made it. Spoon size! I make mine like that. DW doesn't. She likes the carrots big, and the celery whole or cut in half and the onion whole. She throws all that out, and only saves the carrots.
You would laugh at her and the kids trying to chop the carrots to fit on the spoon, and the soup splashing and spilling all over the table. LOL

So I say to her,"What the heck is that?" "Carrot Soup?"

I use whole veggies to make the stock, toss the celery and onion give carrot to the dogs with the trash meat

when i make the soup i add in chopped veg in order so that they dont overcook - celery almost at the end so it stays a bit crunchy

Embryodad

I use whole veggies to make the stock, toss the celery and onion give carrot to the dogs with the trash meat

when i make the soup i add in chopped veg in order so that they dont overcook - celery almost at the end so it stays a bit crunchy
Good method. Sounds great to me.
I usually hold the carrots till the end. Soft, but not mushy!

I could go for a nice beef Stew. Ooops! No Carrots! Darn.
Oh Well! ... Back to the original thought for tomorrow. Philly Cheese Steaks wit!

Embryodad

Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam Sandwiches with Cream of Mushroom soup tonight.
lifesaver, you actually eat the sandwiches PB&J with the soup???

Now I want a PB&J. Only thing is I want real Jam or Jelly.
Tina buys all that natural stuff, and there is no taste. There are 7 jars opened in the fridge now. Grrrrrrr! I hate that. I like the one open, and finish that before opening another. I may open one I like and Hide it someplace. I don't like my jam and jelly contaminated with butter or peanut butter. I hate sticky jars too.
I guess I'm too fussy!

PanchoHambre

Could not resist two big toasted buttered slices of yesterday's bread when I got home from work leaving me not much appetite for the london broil I had marinating hence the small plate.

20140107_222457_zpsgg4kwgaw.jpg

20140107_223649_zpsmcs1i70h.jpg

Embryodad

I cooked GD and me a steak. Tenderloin from Omaha Beef that was given to us as a gift.
They were wrapped with bacon. I just broiled them in the toaster oven.
They were great, and tender as can be.
Tina had corned beef hash with a over light egg on top.

That was about it, but then I wanted dessert. I made pancakes with the yeast raised batter from waffles the other day. They were not to good because the batter started to turn into mash. LOL It didn't stop me from eating them though.

Embryodad

Friday..1/10/14

Had ravioli filled with spinach, that DW bought at Sams Club the other day.
They were OK, but they didn't agree with Tina.
Had 1/2 Philly Cheese steak that was left over from yesterday.
GD made brownies, so that was dessert with a hot coffee.

Time for a break to let the food settle down, and then I'm gonna make dough for tomorrows pizza supper.
I will assemble them and cover and keep them in the reefer downstairs.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I did the catfish with the Bookbinder's Shrimp Bisque Sauce again (sauteed green onion in butter, white wine, lemon juice, little Old Bay, bisque). My eyes were bigger than my stomach when I was piling on the rice :blush:.

CatfishwithShrimpBisqueSauce.jpg

Embryodad

I did the catfish with the Bookbinder's Shrimp Bisque Sauce again (sauteed green onion in butter, white wine, lemon juice, little Old Bay, bisque). My eyes were bigger than my stomach when I was piling on the rice :blush:.

CatfishwithShrimpBisqueSauce.jpg
Wow! Cooksie, that shimp bisque sauce looks great. Ummm! Love the yellow rice too!
I love catfish!