Show some pics of the snowstorm on YOUR street!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
We were just whacked and socked by a monster snowstorm!!! What does it look like on YOUR street?

Here are a few of mine!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 144

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow, that's a lot of snow. I'm not a shoveler, so I could never live there. I don't even understand how you get your door open to get out there and shovel :confused:.

I hope you don't have to shovel too much.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm not a shoveler either!! Hah!!

My landlord does it. That's him in the top pic standing in the street with the shovel. That stuff is practically waist deep!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanx.

Doen't look like much on the tops of the buildings. The bulk of it is on the ground!

It's getting brighter outside!! Like the sun is about to come out. If it does, then it'll be blinding against the snow!!!

Sunglasses will be needed!!! Save those pics for the summer when it is blazingly hot outside!!! Hah!!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I wish I had taken some Sherm. I have the sidewalks cleared and helped out two of my neighbors as well. We got about a foot in Wayne NJ. Up by you got a bunch more.

Cooksie - Snow bloweer with electric start makes much of the pain go away. LOL. After you are done, hot chocolate with a healthy cut of Kaluah and some whipped cream on top and looking at the beautiful white helps.

In practicality, doors open in boots get you to the shed, sunglasses and a warm coat (a few layers) gets the deed done. Nope! I am not really a winter person, snow just happens and if is by far not the worst thing that can happen.

Shermie

Site Supporter
We're still stranded indoors!!!

Driving has been banned in Massachsetts!! Only emergency vehicles are aloowed on the roads and streets!! Also, public transportation is STILL SUSPENDED!! Until friggen Monday morning!!!!!!

Leni

Lots of snow in the mountains but not down here in the Valley. Right now it is 50 with clear skies.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We barely got enough to plow except where it blew and drifted. Was a bust around here and I am glad.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here are some of mine from today.

In the first picture, I stuck my arm out the door at 6 a.m. Blurry, but those two mounds are my car on the right, and my neighbors car on the left.

Then I took a photo after I shoveled for several hours. The white lump to the left of my car is my neighbor's car.

We lost power for a few hours. The dark photo shows a friend at my front door, and the white mound outside my living room windows is snow.

Lee

View from front door before shoveling

Blizzard 2013 - before shoveling.JPG

View from front door after shoveling

Blizzard 2013 view from front door after shoveling.JPG

Power outtage

Blizzard 2013 power outtage.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't even understand how you get your door open to get out there and shovel :confused:.

Cooksie, I could not get my front door open. The snow drifted way up on our side of the street.

A really nice neighbor, someone I didn't know, on the other side of our street, saw all the snow piled up against the doors on my side. He came over and shoveled us out, 8 of us, enough so that we could open our doors.

We are going to pitch in and get him a gift card, since he wouldn't accept money from any of us.

Lee

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That is another reason I like having snowmelt in the back porch. Back in 78 I had to crawl out a window to shovel the snow away from the storm doors so the wife and the kids could get out. Now the only shoveling I do is the greenhouse doors and if it is real bad I have to shovel to get my big sliding barn doors open for the skid steer. I shovel the sidewalk for my old neighbor lady when I plow her driveway.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Man, good pics. You guys make me glad I live in dreary gray skys SE Ohio. No snow here. Just a little rain. Temps mid 30's

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sure am glad I live in Georgia. We freak out over a couple of inches :lol:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow, Q-Sis, you were on the wrong side of the street for that snow storm.

I read something this morning that I didn't know, but most of you who live in snow country probably already know. If you spray your shovel with Pam Non-stick Cooking Spray, shoveling is easier. It was also mentioned to spray some piece on your snow blower, but I didn't understand that. I don't think I've ever seen a snow blower in my life.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here are some of mine from today.

In the first picture, I stuck my arm out the door at 6 a.m. Blurry, but those two mounds are my car on the right, and my neighbors car on the left.

Then I took a photo after I shoveled for several hours. The white lump to the left of my car is my neighbor's car.

We lost power for a few hours. The dark photo shows a friend at my front door, and the white mound outside my living room windows is snow.

Lee

View from front door before shoveling

View attachment 16868

View from front door after shoveling

View attachment 16869

Power outtage

View attachment 16870

Nice pics!!! We are told not to use candles if the power goes out. They suggest that we use flashlights instead.

Sadly, two people were killed from carbon monoxide poisoning after getting into the car with the engine on to stay warm!!! One of them was an 11-year-old boy!!!

Two small kids in East Boston almost met the same fate!!! Fortunately, their dad had noticed that something was wrong, went to get them out of the car in time, and their lives were saved!!!

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT sit in the car with the engine on until and unless you make sure that the exhaust pipe is clear and is not blocked with snow or ice!!! :wow:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Warm thoughts for spring & summer!! Hah!!

The calm after the storm!! If only it were in the 60s or 70s!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 118

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
is ok, here. icy.

shermie, i :) at that one pic. looked my steets yrs. ago, & my school would not cancel. there weren't busses after class. we hiked.