Bacon Weaving 101

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
since my xmas turkey breast is going to be wrapped in bacon i thought to post this.

Start by laying out 9 pieces of bacon

w7edg0.jpg

Turn up pieces 2,4,6,8 and lay a slice across
Now fold 2,4,6,8 down and now do the same with 1,3,5,7,9
Repeat until done.

w9ziqe.jpg

2a0j59d.jpg

now repeat on the other side until done.

a4a4g5.jpg

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Nice!

Also makes a great wrap for meatloaf, chicken, pork loin, and have even done a salmon fillet(whole side with a lil mustard, brown sugar, and finished w sea salt).

I would also like to add, "THIS THREAD BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FINE MAKERS OF LIPITOR"

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Nice!

Also makes a great wrap for meatloaf, chicken, pork loin, and have even done a salmon fillet(whole side with a lil mustard, brown sugar, and finished w sea salt).

I would also like to add, "THIS THREAD BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FINE MAKERS OF LIPITOR"

yes all good ideas...tomorrow i will post my turkey pics..gonna butterfly a turkey breast,stuffing with apples,little bit of cranberry sauce for moisture then will be glazed with a orange/cranberry sauce

LIPITOR..OMG:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

abi_csi

That's quite an innovative way of meat wrapping you've got. I'm guessing it must work pretty well? I've never tried this method of weaving the bacon. Will do now

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I usually ignore posts that have been randomly bumped from long ago, but this one is pretty good.

Oh, Quirky, really??? I love it when posts get bumped up!

So many good posts here - I often miss them, the first time around, and some of the really great ones bear repeating! :thumb:

You can tell Bam is back! I haven't seen so many meat-related posts on the same page in months! :smile:

Welcome home, Jeff!

Lee

Leni

I didn't weave the bacon but I did cover a pork loin with it. It was the most moist and tender one I've ever made.

Improv Cook

What a clever idea. I never thought of doing it. You wouldn't have to worry about the bacon sliding off while cooking. Anything well almost anything goes good with bacon.

homecook

I think eventually I'm gonna try this but using transglutaminase instead of weaving it.

Does that have anything to do with sous vide??

I've done the bacon weave a few times. It's really quite easy. I do mine on the diagonal....

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:

Rob Babcock

What do you mean, Rob?

Lee

TG (eg Activa RM) creates a covalent bond between proteins, essentially "gluing" meat together. Some of the worlds' best chefs are using it. I saw a guy make a solid log of bacon once! Basically you glue it to itself.

Paymaster

Does that have anything to do with sous vide??

I've done the bacon weave a few times. It's really quite easy. I do mine on the diagonal....

Thanks for sharing this idea. I tried it and like it!:a1:

Did 10 Yesterday!

Attachments

• 10A.jpg
    10A.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 360