Chicken and bacon salad

KKsMom

Blond Member
1 fully cooked rotisserie chicken, about 3 pounds (if that's unavailable, use 2, 10-ounce packages Perdue Ready-to-Eat Roasted Chicken)
1 pound thick-cut bacon, cut into small pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper
6 tablespoons B&G Hot Dog Relish
2/3 cup Hellman's Dijonnaise
1 10-ounce bag Romaine lettuce salad greens

Directions:
1. Keep the rotisserie chicken warm in a 200°F oven, if necessary. When ready to make the salad, tear the chicken into large bite-size pieces, removing all the bones. Place in a large bowl.

2. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until soft and light brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.

3. Add the bacon, hot dog relish, and Dijonnaise to the chicken. Mix well. Add the lettuce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide salad among four plates and serve.

KKsMom

Blond Member
Well thats a pretty easy recipe! Sould I use Dill relish or Sweet relish?
Ok, you caught me :oops: I have never actually made this one. Being the pickle lover that I am, I think either way would be good. Aren't most hot dog relish's made from a mixture of sweet and dill?? :confused:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
ahhhh HA! :) Well there are literally 100s of differnet types of relish but pickle / cucumber relish can be sweet and the dill is much more of a vinegar base which makes the flavor change drastically. 95% of the time I see the basic dill mixed in with a mayo base. :)

Either way your recipe sounds pretty good. ;)